Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inexpensive way to add an Eagle Head handle to a gladius
LOL, we're going with red. The evidence supports it, and we're so not opening that can of worms! And as much as I love HBO's Rome, I could spot all kinds of fabrications and embellishments, especially those 'manly barbarian' wrist bracers, GI olive drab German eagle tunics and little flat scutae :lol: And that was just the legionaries...

OK, back on topic...I have a Qama from Atlanta Cutlery on order which I'm going to re-hilt into a Fulham, but aside from that I'm sticking to baisc stuff. I'm a long way from making the cool stuff like eagle hilts. But as we're making a set of guidelines, I'll bring this up when we get to gladius styles. The guy who'll likely wind up as Centurio (it was his idea) is another RAT member, Maius, and he has a lot of re-enacting experience. And the rest of us are discerning enough to forget Hollywood and be realistic. You're right, a lot of it is conjecture but we want to base as much on fact as we can.
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a gladius handle Francisco Gutierrez 1 1,147 01-25-2017, 10:13 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake
  Inexpensive Die-Cut Lorica segmentata Lobate Hinges availabl Matt Lukes 8 3,545 08-23-2015, 12:42 AM
Last Post: mjursic
  Bone for Gladius handle lyuv 8 5,725 11-04-2011, 02:24 AM
Last Post: Crispvs