Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Roman Event (LRE III), August, 2008
Quote:I really enjoyed seeing you all again, it nearly has the feeling of a big late roman family!
I feels that way indeed! Jeroen, my 7-year-old son does not come to Archeon often, but he did not mind at all wandering around the park in the midst of hundreds of strangers, because as he said "I know them all". Both my kids related to that 'part of the gang' feeling that now seems to have become a hallmark of this event.

Quote:I'm really sad that I was there only on saturday evening and sunday.
Serves you right for telling me you were not coming and then arriving after all! :twisted:

Quote:Next time a complete week, please, or more :!: Smile
(next year won't work at all, there's the pilgrimage and later the Roman Military Equipment conference in Newcastle from 17. - 23. august)
Nah, it won't be for another two years, I thionk that's a given. And a week, well, we can suggest it, why not? A less rigorous program with one show a day would mean we'd be trained as a single group, so we'd be able to forego training in the weekend.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Late Roman Event (LRE III), August, 2008 - by Robert Vermaat - 08-05-2008, 05:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Binchester 25th August Bank Holiday Event brennivs - tony drake 2 1,442 08-31-2014, 09:35 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake
  Marle 20-9 2009 Late roman event. (France) Bran ap Maclou 25 7,718 10-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Last Post: FAVENTIANVS
  Late Roman Event Sledmere House, East Yorkshire John Conyard 2 1,342 05-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Last Post: John Conyard