Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW VEXILLVM Award Thread- Make New Nominations Here
Avete omnes,

It's occurred to me that perhaps it would be best to make multiple awards of the Vexillvm to recognize folks such as Dan Peterson, Matt Amt and others who have made long-term contributions to research and reconstruction, then have this and subsequent awards to more recent, continuing contributors who might otherwise not win it for a long time.

It does also seem that a little clarification of the award is in order- it is intended to recognize those who do LOTS of research, professionally or in an amateur capacity that contributes to the common knowledge of us all- either by publication or sharing online or personally. Consistency and depth are things to consider- has a person shared what he/ she has learned for a long time and with anyone who asks? Has he/she made a unique contribution to a subject by either assembling information, or by experimenting, interpreting, etc. that is useful to anyone also interested in the subject(s)? It's for contributions that are either widely varied, or applicable to the majority. That's not to say one must be a Mike Bishop or Graham Sumner to be worthy, but the contributions to the subject and community should be notable.

Now just because the idea was brought up in the previous thread, the contribution made by those who supply replicas, while extremely important to our hobby, is not the contribution this award is meant to recognize- HOWEVER, if they also constantly share their knowledge and expertise with others who would create things themselves as well, that is. A supplier who simply makes wonderful things would be an appropriate Hasta Pura candidate Wink the Vexillvm is specifically for personal contribution to the subject.

Thus far I believe these individuals should be receive the Vexillvm for long-term, and major contributions:

Matt Amt
Dan Peterson
Aitor Iriarte
Robert Vermaat

Anyone else? This is for those whose nomination for the continuing award would be unfair as they would totally win :lol:

As contributers who will be up for the present Vex, please consider the criteria above and let me know who you think qualifies. Oh and please include the person's username so everyone can more easily recognize the candiate.

I will re-nominate

Martin Moser (ummos1501)- same reasons as before
Travis Clark (tlclark)- for his wonderful work on the subject of the lorica musculata

Nominations will be open for another week- closing on the 26th.

Valete!

Matt
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
I want to renominate Peronis and Matt Lukes for the award.
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Matt L,

These are all excellent nominations, each a worthy recipient of this award.

I would like to second the nomination of TL Clark. I have always found his posts to be insightful and informative with a finely tuned sense of humor.

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VEXILLVM Award Matt Lukes 21 5,153 06-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Aurelianus
  VEXILLVM Award Vote Matt Lukes 15 4,321 05-31-2007, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Theodosius the Great
  VEXILLVM Award Nomination Time Again Matt Lukes 20 4,911 05-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Graham Sumner