Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VEXILLVM Award Nomination Time Again
Salvete omnes- as the subject states, it's time once again to nominate deserving members for the VEXILLVM Award- the award for "best overall contributor to research and reconstruction"- who do you think is continually posting useful and interesting information, references, and answering questions?

Previous awardees are Aitor Iriarte, myself, Robert Vermaat (Vortigern Studies), Mike Bishop, Dan Peterson, Matthew Amt, and Graham Sumner.

I'll start off by nominating Adrian Wink (Peroni) and Jim Bowers (Tarbicus), both of whom are an absolute wealth of interesting and thought-provoking postings and information

Who else do you think deserves this award? Seconders and repeat nominations are not necessary so if the person you were going to nominate has already been nominated, consider who else might be a good candidate and nominate him/her instead Big Grin Nominations will be accepted until Saturday 26. May, then there'll be 5 days to vote, the winner will be announced on 1. June, and there will be much rejoicing- yay!
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
I would like to nominate Martin Moser for his contribution to understanding and reconstructing Roman leatherwork.
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
Adrian and Jim for their exellent drawings.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Salvete.
My nomination is for Jim, but he has already been nomintaed, so.... I'm not sure if this award applies to greek military research and reconstruction as well; if it does, I think hoplite14gr definitely deserves such an award.

Valete.
Iuppiter Optimus Maximus resistere atque iterare pugnam iubet
(Liv. I.12)

Tiberius Claudius Nero
a.k.a. Carlo Sansilvestri

CONTUBERNIUM
SISMA - Società Italiana per gli Studi Militari Antichi
Sure it applies to those who contribute to the Greek sections Big Grin
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Yeah,I think hoplite14gr is a good vote for the Greek section,where I usually contribute and know about.
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
"I'll start off by nominating Adrian Wink (Peroni) and Jim Bowers (Tarbicus), both of whom are an absolute wealth of interesting and thought-provoking postings and information "
Just wanted to support both these nominations- and what not everyone will see is the huge amount of help and info both bring to people via PMs and emails to RAT members separate to RAT. I've benefited hugely!
Cheers,
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
I'll second those too caballo!
And also thers that canadian guy, Matt L I think, he seems pretty helpfull at times!
And that Christian chap from Germania!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Yep Matt L is a top guy, but already possesses this award. Can he have a second?
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
Well, if they can give helmets with crests to newcomers, they can give extra vexallvm to the heavy hitters, shirly! :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I'm with you - but please don't call me Shirly! :lol:
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
:lol: :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Adrian W., Jim B., Matt L., Martin M., all mentioned above but great chocies in my book. Adrian has helped me a ton on my helmet project!
Decimus Apollonius
(Brian Camp)

Legio IX HISPANA
COHORS III EXPUGNATOR
Centuria I HIBERNICI
CON VIII AP

[Image: Brianssignature-1.jpg]

Legio IX Hispana Web Site:
[url:l69cdju8]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org/[/url]
For Greek Section: Hoplite14 & Dan Howard, Paul A....
PS: There are others great candidates, but they just appear rarely, & let us with more thirst Smile
================================================

For Roman Section, Uhj! too many greats Cry

hmmm... Jim, Peroni, Vorti, Aitore,Lucius Alfenius,Martin Moser, & more :|

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Quote:Previous awardees are Aitor Iriarte, myself, Robert Vermaat (Vortigern Studies), Mike Bishop, Dan Peterson, Matthew Amt, and Graham Sumner.

Oh! so I mentioned some that already been nominated :oops:

Well in that case:

Tarbi, Peroni, Cesar(Lucius Alfenius), Martin Moser & some of the Girls that I need to search their names.

greek: also Giannis K. help alot, & egfroth(Steven), in Greek Byzantine section.

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  During RAT award distribution time pics SAJID 0 463 09-30-2019, 02:21 PM
Last Post: SAJID
  VEXILLVM Award Matt Lukes 21 5,091 06-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Aurelianus
  VEXILLVM Award Vote Matt Lukes 15 4,277 05-31-2007, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Theodosius the Great