Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wife kills husband with sword
Quote:
Peroni:1x1dml91 Wrote:Maybe you should learn to shoot the .357 Ralph ... then the cats might go "Missing" one day??

Thanks for the suggestion, Peroni...

But I fear that if The Cats sensed anything like a Cataline conspiracy, I would be catapulted from the parapets in a concatenation of catastrophic events. I must follow Cato's stoic approach, seeking solace in the verse of Catullus, knowing this will subject me to jeers and catcalls.

Besides, my heavily armed wife categorically would caterwaul about anything that might upset the wittle wookemses.

Gaius Decius Aquilius
(Ralph Izard)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You wouldn't want to be caught catnapping......!
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Quote:
Gaius Decius Aquilius:obly36hk Wrote:
Peroni:obly36hk Wrote:Maybe you should learn to shoot the .357 Ralph ... then the cats might go "Missing" one day??

Thanks for the suggestion, Peroni...

But I fear that if The Cats sensed anything like a Cataline conspiracy, I would be catapulted from the parapets in a concatenation of catastrophic events. I must follow Cato's stoic approach, seeking solace in the verse of Catullus, knowing this will subject me to jeers and catcalls.

Besides, my heavily armed wife categorically would caterwaul about anything that might upset the wittle wookemses.

Gaius Decius Aquilius
(Ralph Izard)

Damn! Sometimes I hate it when I am right :lol:

Woops, hope Olga never hears of this :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You wouldn't want to be caught catnapping......!
This thread illustrates the danger that any Roman reenactor faces. Roman arms and armour. Suppose the unthinkable happens. Suppose all the relatives are all over for Mothers day, or Christmas eve, and negotiations break down. Ther will be a mad rush for the equipment and an attempt to hold positions of tactical advantage.

The reenactor must have a plan in mind. If you are with those who have segmentata and scutum, your best bet is hold the large areas like the living room, and static positions like the dinner table. Do not venture into constriced areas where you may be flanked. You can withstand frontal assaults with ease.

If you are with those who equip with auxilla equipment, you are best in halls and confined spaces. You are well suited to sieze and hold critical bathrooms. The scutum equiped heavy legionary relatives will not risk the attrition that will result in trying to fight in confined spaces just to get to the toilet. Remember Dura-Europos.

Both sides will have advantages, but in the end it will be numbers and dicipine that will carry the day. Proper pre-positions of equipment and planning is still essentail.

Gaius Decius Aquilius
(Ralph Izard)
dont forget the sword wielding samurai re enactors !!!! no one with a sword will get near me......... Ashikaga Takauji!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Maaan, you guys are killin me overhere... :lol: :lol: :lol: I must admit tho, women and swords are a deadly combo!
aka: Julio Peña
Quote:"audaces Fortuna iuvat"
- shouted by Turnus in Virgil\'s Aeneid in book X just before he is utterly destroyed by Aeneas\' Trojans.
Quote:Maaan, you guys are killin me overhere... :lol: :lol: :lol: I must admit tho, women and swords are a deadly combo!
Xena certainly has a couple of points to discuss....! :lol:
[url:3styijns]http://www.xenafan.com/images/official/xena.jpg[/url]
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Most domestic staircases are designed perfectly to accomodate a one man testudo storming the upper floor. Once you have the high ground use a cleverly prepositioned supply of pila to hold off attackers.
Max Attenborough
Quote:Most domestic staircases are designed perfectly to accomodate a one man testudo storming the upper floor. Once you have the high ground use a cleverly prepositioned supply of pila to hold off attackers.

I agree... The Testudo would be best used for upward movement. The scutum and segmentata are very strong in resisting downward aimed blows. If the defender do think to dump all of a visiting auntie's shampoo and conditioner down the stairs, this would make the ascent slippery and more difficult.

I would also like to mention that "Household Cavalry" is a modern usage, and should not be construed as for use inside a house. The confined space is an obvious disadvantage as anyone who has seen Conan The Barbarian knows from the last battle scene. And someone would have to clean up all the horse droppings...

Gaius Decius Aquilius
(Ralph Izard)
Quote:
MAXIMVS:v87aa8x6 Wrote:Most domestic staircases are designed perfectly to accomodate a one man testudo storming the upper floor. Once you have the high ground use a cleverly prepositioned supply of pila to hold off attackers.

I agree... The Testudo would be best used for upward movement. The scutum and segmentata are very strong in resisting downward aimed blows. If the defender do think to dump all of a visiting auntie's shampoo and conditioner down the stairs, this would make the ascent slippery and more difficult.

I would also like to mention that "Household Cavalry" is a modern usage, and should not be construed as for use inside a house. The confined space is an obvious disadvantage as anyone who has seen Conan The Barbarian knows from the last battle scene. And someone would have to clean up all the horse droppings...

Gaius Decius Aquilius
(Ralph Izard)
you mean, don't use the curtain pole as a kontos.....while parking your cataphract laden horse in the hallway blocking their means of retreat - damnit :roll:
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
-
Arthes,

Using the curtain pole as a kontos is certainly valid as is using a cataphract to block the hall. I would be cautious of skirmishers lurking in linen closets who may appear behind the cataphracts. Using cats as cataphracts was my first impulse, but then, you may find them unreliable as they generally lack good discipline, having very high self esteem and are more suited for roles like the Praetorian Guard.

Gaius Decius Aquilius
(Ralph Izard)
Crouching behind the scutum will also decrease the likelihood of any kind of missile making contact during te initial onslaught of the conflict. Wait until after her strength wans and the barrage subsides and adance in noticeable silence with scutum and gladius ready. This will strike fear within, especially if no audible response is made by the verbal threats or demands to surrender by the enemy. By doing so you will achieve the early psychological victory as well as a probable retreat and mass desertion of the enemy forces... :twisted: heh heh heh!!!!! And once again a local rebellion is quelled.....
To change your mind and to follow him who sets you right is to be nonetheless the free agent that you were before. (Marcus Aurelius)

LVCIVS VALERIVS HOMVLVS
(Clayton Braswell)
Quote:Using cats as cataphracts was my first impulse, but then, you may find them unreliable as they generally lack good discipline, having very high self esteem and are more suited for roles like the Praetorian Guard.

I agree. I would err towards the use of the dog(s) for this type of advance. They are loyal, and faithful (Pia Fidelis!) and they will generally follow simple commands.

Cohors I Canis Pia fidelis ! Big Grin
Quote:
Quote:Using cats as cataphracts was my first impulse, but then, you may find them unreliable as they generally lack good discipline, having very high self esteem and are more suited for roles like the Praetorian Guard.

I agree. I would err towards the use of the dog(s) for this type of advance. They are loyal, and faithful (Pia Fidelis!) and they will generally follow simple commands.

Cohors I Canis Pia fidelis ! Big Grin

Although there may be a problem when the Cataphracti spot the Praetorian Guard...... :lol: :lol:
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
-
Quote:did you ever see the video of the "pulsating knife" ??

M.VIB.M.

I seen this happen in real life when I was an EMT. One brother stabbed the other supposedly over biscuts Confusedhock:
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A name for my new wife? Audax Victor 14 3,238 07-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Audax Victor
  Vote for my wife\'s artwork! Matthew Amt 10 2,236 12-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Jona Lendering
  Wife swapping on national TV richsc 11 2,414 12-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Libitina