Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wife swapping on national TV
Maybe some of you have gotten this one. I don't watch much commercial TV so am not familiar with ABC's "wife swap", but you're going to have to have a lot of equipment to talk me out of Asellina.

Quote:ABC's Wife Swap Casting Living History Participants for Primetime!

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Danielle Gervais. I'm a Casting Producer for ABC's primetime series, Wife Swap. We're currently casting our fifth season and looking for unique families with plenty of personality to take part in the show. Specifically, we're looking for families who are passionate about re-living the days of the past through participation in historical reenactments, battles or lifestyles. Whether the family embraces the Native American way of life or the lifestyles of the Frontiersmen and women, we want to hear from them! Families who participate in this documentary-style program are given the opportunity to share their beliefs and lifestyles with another family. It is truly a once in a lifetime experience that can be life-changing for everyone. I am writing to you in the hopes of being able to reach out to the members of your yahoo group, with your permission of course. Obviously, if any families did result from a mention within your group, you'd receive a separate finder's fee of $1000 for each family who makes it onto the show. I've included some further information about the show…if after reading it, you have questions or would like to speak with me directly, please don't hesitate to contact me. In addition, I've also included a flyer that I've been passing around…should you agree to post a message about this opportunity, feel free to use it!

Each week on Wife Swap, the mothers from two families with different values and belief systems will exchange lives. It's an amazing family experience and opportunity to learn how others lead their lives. Half of the week, mom lives the life of the family she is staying with. After making her observations, she introduces several "rule changes," where she implements rules and activities that are important to her family. It's a positive experience for people to not only learn but teach about other families and other ways of life. Wife Swap airs on Disney owned ABC television on Fridays at 8 pm- the family hour!

Requirements: Each family must consist of two parents and at least one child between 6 and 17 and should reside in the continental U.S. (There may be other children living in the home who are older or younger than the required age…as long as one child is in the required age range.

Participating in the show is a very unique experience that can be life changing for everyone. Families that appear on the show will receive a financial honorarium for lost wages, time and commitment. Anyone who refers a family that appears on our program receives $1000 as a 'thank you' from us.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this email and I hope to hear from you soon. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me! If you're interested in learning more, please include your contact information.

Thank you for your time,

Danielle Gervais

Danielle Gervais| Casting Producer | Wife Swap
100 6th Ave.| 3rd Floor | New York| NY 10013
tel. + 1 646 747 7956| fax. + 1 212 620 3601
[email protected]
[email protected]
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Argh, these people are horrific. I got cyber stalked by a woman working for the UK version. She contacted me through a gothy website I used to run and would not take no for an answer. They also turn up at reenactor events a lot. They just want to paint someone as a freak, it's how those progs work :evil: I just know that being a gothy, pagan, messy household they would swap us with a clean freak who attends church twice a day :lol:

I don't understand what mother would let someone SO different to her look after her children.
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Hubby and me offered to swap with Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt for a few weeks but they just set the guard dogs on us Cry
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Well, there's the problem, Mem: first you swap the dogs, then the spouses. See how easily that's fixed? Back on the phone to Ang and Brad with you.

We've watched a total of about 30 minutes of that program since it started years back. What a waste of time and broadcast resources. Why, they could have had a program about Rome instead. Gee whiz, what are they thinking?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:We've watched a total of about 30 minutes of that program since it started years back. What a waste of time and broadcast resources. Why, they could have had a program about Rome instead.
Let's make a program that's called "City Swap"; an ancient Roman comes to Austin TX, and a Texan visits ancient Rome. Isn't this a great format?
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Let's do it! Sounds like a lot of fun...the Roman will fit right in, and maybe he could help the Austinoids with their nightlife partying, and explain why things won't work the way they've got them all planned out.

And the Texan could give the Senate some tips on how not to do things to preserve their future. Yep. I like it.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I am sure they would find the majority of reenactor's lives far too ordinary and boring so would select one of the very few fringe elements out there and display an distorted view of reenactors in general.
For this reason I strongly encourage everyone not to assist them.
John Kaler MSG, USA Retired
Member Legio V (Tenn, USA)
Staff Member Ludus Militus https://www.facebook.com/groups/671041919589478/
Owner Vicus and Village: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361968853851510/
John, John, you've got to be kidding me! Think of all the grumpy posts and rebuttals we could have so much fun with on the Forum!

My mind half-boggles, which sorta figgers. :wink: :lol:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:John, John, you've got to be kidding me! Think of all the grumpy posts and rebuttals we could have so much fun with on the Forum!

My mind half-boggles, which sorta figgers. :wink: :lol:

In that case do you have someone in mind? And do we have to find him/her a spouse and child/children? I know who I would recommend but I highly recommend NOT naming names in public. I suppose we all know at least one or two who would provide plenty of grumpy posts and rebuttals. We sometimes do that and don't even need a stupid TV show to get us started!
John Kaler MSG, USA Retired
Member Legio V (Tenn, USA)
Staff Member Ludus Militus https://www.facebook.com/groups/671041919589478/
Owner Vicus and Village: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361968853851510/
That is a scary show indeed. Married people have too much time on their hands I think,........wanders innocently through the lions den, dum dee dum.... :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I saw it once and ... never since. It had amusing moments (evil me) but basically this is a humiliating show ...

I remember some snotty brat constantely blaming and dissing his "temporary" mother for not having made his favourite meal. He finally send her out of his room to cook something other.
Confusedhock:
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Quote:That is a scary show indeed. Married people have too much time on their hands I think,........wanders innocently through the lions den, dum dee dum.... :wink:

Aye, some of us do :lol:
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A name for my new wife? Audax Victor 14 3,236 07-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Audax Victor
  Vote for my wife\'s artwork! Matthew Amt 10 2,233 12-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Jona Lendering
  wife kills husband with sword Arthes 28 4,116 06-27-2006, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Primvs Pavlvs