Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hospital built by the 10th Legion Found
It was some time ago that I came across it. I think Philius Estilius knows the details if he is watching this post.
"In war as in loving, you must always keep shoving." George S. Patton, Jr.
Hi,

Today I made a short trip and took some pictures on Musov Burgstall. So here is the valetudinarium. In fact it's not in south-eastern part of Zone D, but in north-eastern part of Zone E (just next to the road you can see on the plan of Burgstall and also on the photos).

Greetings
Alexandr
In the Prague museum there are several tiles with the LXGPF stamp, wondering wether any new ones will come up here..

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Hi,

More than 90 bricks with stamps of Leg X GPF have been found on Burgstall. Nevertheless I don't think any new one will appear here. Well, I don't have any news or reports from the dig, but I would say that the hospital was a wooden structure (ie. no tiles).

Greetings
Alexandr
Quote:... but I would say that the hospital was a wooden structure (ie. no tiles).
Hmmm ... I supposed wooden shingles would be a possibility, but I'm sure timber buildings often had tiled roofs. (Can't think of an example at the moment!)
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Hi Duncan,

You're right. I should have checked the terminology in vocabulary (bricks, tiles and other building materials) :oops: (there are still many areas where my English must improve...)

I will try to find out something about finds in the area of the hospital.

Greetings
Alexandr

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the 10th legion Fretensis–Antoniniana in Jerusalem Gunthamund Hasding 21 6,180 09-12-2017, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Renatus
  10th Legion sent to Rome, enroute to Jewish War Petertimber 4 1,935 10-25-2014, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Renatus
  Aesculapius\' symbol and the military hospital Quintus Aurelius Lepidus 3 1,497 01-14-2012, 02:48 AM
Last Post: Martin Moser