Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laudes (karma) system
Jasper 'updated' the system so that only people with a certain amount of posts could award point... and then all the karma symbolas vanished! :wink: None of us can award karma points at the moment.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Now, i haven't awarded a point yet today, but it looks to me that if I click on someone's name, I go to their "page" and have the option to grant them a karma point. Is that right?

My only complaint about all this (and it's just a niggle) is that there are folks on this forum who deserve respect for their accomplishments--especially in, let's say, and online discussion--and who's karma scores used to be quite high, but suddenly aren't. And because we're all feeling our way through the system, everyone is hesitant to give a karma point, all of a sudden--whereas we used to hand them out for good research, nice new kit, and even for a good point well made on the forum.
Qui plus fait, miex vault.
Thank you Magnus Smile for contacting me. I've no idea what this laudes stuff is all about, but I appreciate it all the same 8) . I tried to return a message to you, but found I couldn't - so I'll post it here if you don't mind.

Happy Saturnalia!!!!

They have a festival in Chester near where I live with lots of folk dressed up as Romans next week. I might pop along if the evening is clear and dry (which seems unlikely).

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chest ... -25371984/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2epmPrUunDM

Cheers

H
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Karma Change Disabled for this User" Jona Lendering 7 3,161 07-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  Ermm.. what are laudes? Sachiko 4 2,955 06-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Demetrios Vlattera
  \'Karma\' Praefectusclassis 51 17,631 04-05-2006, 02:59 AM
Last Post: tlclark