Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
\'Karma\'
Something new (again :wink: ). See those + and - buttons below your avatar? What's it for?

Well, if you appreciate a thread someone has started, or the answer she/he gave to your question: click the +. If you're really disappointed by someone (but don't be a meanieface), click the -.
Your total 'karma' can be used by moderators when awarding medals, other uses may be found as well.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Two people here hate me apparently, and I haven't got the slightest clue as to why. Is this really such a bright idea, dishing out the thumb signs without any justification? I know it makes me sadder, but all you guys with only pluses may appreciate it more... Cry
PRIMVS CALPVRNIVS LIVIANVS aka SANGVE aka Øystein Bech Gadmar
LEG XV AP of Norway (Romans? In Norway?!)

Somniatorem me dixeris, sed unicus non sum
-- Johannes Lennonius, MXMLXXI
Hi Sangue.
It's at the moment still very much in the experimentation phase. If we decide we don't like it, it goes. There are other systems where some kind of argumentation is necessary before you plus or minus someone. Perhaps that'd be better.

Best!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I think I'm the first member to have a negative karma point.

Hooray! :lol:
AVETE OMNES
MARIVS TARQVINIVS VRSVS
PATER FAMILIAS DOMVS VRSVM
-Tom
That's the sad thing, you aren't :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Yeah, I just noticed that. Cry

Oh well. If my direct manor is taken as being mean, so be it! :wink:
AVETE OMNES
MARIVS TARQVINIVS VRSVS
-Tom
I think it'd be better if you randomly deleted one out of every ten accounts every time a bad post was made. Far more Roman!

Bah, I'll just take my karma elsewhere and sleep on it. Best idea I've had today, methinks.
PRIMVS CALPVRNIVS LIVIANVS aka SANGVE aka Øystein Bech Gadmar
LEG XV AP of Norway (Romans? In Norway?!)

Somniatorem me dixeris, sed unicus non sum
-- Johannes Lennonius, MXMLXXI
I think it is not a bad idea to stimulate people by giving karma points. The decorations are another good idea.

However, I think that negative karma points are not a good incentive. Isn't it possible to have only positive ones?
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:I think it is not a bad idea to stimulate people by giving karma points. The decorations are another good idea.

However, I think that negative karma points are not a good incentive. Isn't it possible to have only positive ones?

To maintain the cosmic balance, I'll take all the negative karma for my fellow forum members.
AVETE OMNES
MARIVS TARQVINIVS VRSVS
-Tom
Quote: However, I think that negative karma points are not a good incentive. Isn't it possible to have only positive ones?

I thoroughly agree with Jona, good call. If you've got nothing good to say about someone on a public forum like this, say nothing, or say it directly to them. :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Karma is an interesting improvement, but it can quickly become soemthing if people decide to square up with someone or to make him the whipping-boy of the forum.

The positive points without the negative one are a really good idea.
ERWAN
Who feels the same about this?
If you want to have the power of smiting, but don't want to tell it here, feel free to contact me through PM or Email.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Leave it as is. I have a couple of reasons for feeling this way.

1) If you make an unpopular post, you should have the conviction not to have your feelings hurt if someone doesn't like it.

B) If you're a stinky-enough person to make ad hominem attacks, and then get your feelings hurt, because someone gave you a negative mark, too bad.
AVETE OMNES
MARIVS TARQVINIVS VRSVS
-Tom
Hi,Jasper.

I,too,would be happier without the "karma".

Not that I'm afraid of "bad press",but it
lends itself to abuse and personal taste.

I was unaware you guys had gotten bad marks.
I've been following several of your threads lately
and enjoyed your comments.

Maybe there is a reason unknown to me
that prompted the ratings system.
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Any chance that the member who got negative points got them by mistake?
Kind regards
Stefanos

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laudes (karma) system Praefectusclassis 17 3,948 12-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Ghostmojo
  "Karma Change Disabled for this User" Jona Lendering 7 3,149 07-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis