Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which LOTR species and or race or character are you?
I have a strong affection towards trees and forests so my choice is: elves Tongue
~Daniel
Quote:Must be a cartographers error, Mordor is just north of Greece. But I suppose it explains why they always said the northern tribes were barbarrians and demons Tongue lol:
I think that 'map' is just a fanmap, nothing to do with Tolkien's original maps.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:mmm belgium is not on that map....

At the borders of Rohan, more or less. :lol: Loyal subjects under the King of the Golden Hall. 8)
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
I suppose the designer of the map was inspired by a story, Tolkien's aunt told her nephew about the origins of their family name. She claimed it would refer to a very brave ("tollkühn") defender of Vienna in 1529, so maybe that's why Minas Tirith is placed near the east of the Alps.
--- Marcus F. ---
Quote:
Marcus Mummius:3e8m7e2t Wrote:mmm belgium is not on that map....

At the borders of Rohan, more or less. :lol: Loyal subjects under the King of the Golden Hall. 8)

More likely squabbling, unruly wildmen :lol:
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
You often see their descendents today, along side the roads, squabbling in an unruly manner with their birds..... Tongue
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LOTR reenactment groups : do any exist ? Theodosius the Great 6 2,867 07-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Last Post: richsc
  Endangered species Jona Lendering 4 1,200 12-24-2006, 08:55 AM
Last Post: TITVS SABATINVS AQVILIVS
  LoTR, Elven Falx? Anonymous 2 1,587 05-18-2004, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Anonymous