Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those suffering from the credit crunch.......
[Image: dbrn341l.jpg]
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
:lol:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
.... not accounting for so many Goths and Huns and the like.

Hibernicus
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
Quote:.... not accounting for so many Goths and Huns and the like.

Ah, 'a counting' error, then. Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Big Grin D Good one, Robt.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I'm one of the few who is actually very slightly better off since the credit crunch :? does that mean I'm a barbarian ?
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Quote:I'm one of the few who is actually very slightly better off since the credit crunch
How did you manage to do that?
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:
Memmia:1p6lnpys Wrote:I'm one of the few who is actually very slightly better off since the credit crunch

No idea!

My outgoings seem to have shrunk though :?

Probably means I've forgotten to pay for something :oops:
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Quote:
Jona Lendering:1nirfmqd Wrote:
Memmia:1nirfmqd Wrote:I'm one of the few who is actually very slightly better off since the credit crunch

No idea!

Hey, maybe one of your creditors went belly up and is no longer collecting a dd? Tongue
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
Memmia:4ky9gj6e Wrote:
Jona Lendering:4ky9gj6e Wrote:
Memmia:4ky9gj6e Wrote:I'm one of the few who is actually very slightly better off since the credit crunch

No idea!

Hey, maybe one of your creditors went belly up and is no longer collecting a dd? Tongue

Unlikely id say...they would collecy every last cent then go bust,just to annoy you
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
Right you are, Michael. And then the CEO would retire with a bazillion in bonuses for destroying his company's solvency.

UNLESS--they could get the American taxpayers to fund their restructuring through a "bailout", so they could continue to dun their debtors for the debt. Then the CEO might have to delay his retirement...but it might be even bigger later on.

Recently turned cynical.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:l8vf4sam Wrote:
Memmia:l8vf4sam Wrote:
Jona Lendering:l8vf4sam Wrote:
Memmia:l8vf4sam Wrote:I'm one of the few who is actually very slightly better off since the credit crunch

No idea!

Unlikely id say...they would collecy every last cent then go bust,just to annoy you

Uh, yeah...no kidding.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Credit crunch?.....what credit crunch?

It seems every CEO in the U.S.A is flying to Washington in private jets (!!), crying 'poor', and getting, not just credit, but billions/trillions in taxpayer 'gifts'........

Apparently "the taxpayer" has all the money, and bottomless pockets !!!!
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
They see some one spending money wit hout having to borrow for the first time in their life, so they spit the dummy out and make it difficult for everyone....
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:UNLESS--they could get the American taxpayers to fund their restructuring through a "bailout", so they could continue to dun their debtors for the debt. Then the CEO might have to delay his retirement...but it might be even bigger later on.

Indeed! Splendid, splendid, chaps. Twenty-five billion, anyone?

I heard on the news that Opel have asked the German government for a billion but that the gov't fears that it will only be going to GM in the States.
I know something like that went on with a perfectly healthy Dutch bank that suppered the misfortune to be a daughter company of a bankrupt US bank. Cry
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman credit crunch Gaius Decius Aquilius 14 3,532 12-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  Web copyright, getting credit for websites richsc 7 3,937 01-22-2002, 08:26 AM
Last Post: JRSCline