RomanArmyTalk
For those suffering from the credit crunch....... - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: For those suffering from the credit crunch....... (/showthread.php?tid=14005)

For those suffering from the credit crunch....... - Caballo - 11-16-2008

[Image: dbrn341l.jpg]

Re: For those suffering from the credit crunch....... - M. Demetrius - 11-16-2008

:lol:

Re: For those suffering from the credit crunch....... - Hibernicus - 11-17-2008

.... not accounting for so many Goths and Huns and the like.

Hibernicus

Re: For those suffering from the credit crunch....... - Robert Vermaat - 11-17-2008

Quote:.... not accounting for so many Goths and Huns and the like.

Ah, 'a counting' error, then. Big Grin

Re: For those suffering from the credit crunch....... - M. Demetrius - 11-17-2008

Big Grin D Good one, Robt.

Re: For those suffering from the credit crunch....... - Memmia - 11-18-2008

I'm one of the few who is actually very slightly better off since the credit crunch :? does that mean I'm a barbarian ?

Re: For those suffering from the credit crunch....... - Jona Lendering - 11-18-2008

Quote:I'm one of the few who is actually very slightly better off since the credit crunch
How did you manage to do that?

Re: For those suffering from the credit crunch....... - Memmia - 11-18-2008

Quote:
Memmia:1p6lnpys Wrote:I'm one of the few who is actually very slightly better off since the credit crunch

No idea!

My outgoings seem to have shrunk though :?

Probably means I've forgotten to pay for something :oops:

Re: For those suffering from the credit crunch....... - Gaius Julius Caesar - 11-18-2008

Quote:
Jona Lendering:1nirfmqd Wrote:
Memmia:1nirfmqd Wrote:I'm one of the few who is actually very slightly better off since the credit crunch

No idea!

Hey, maybe one of your creditors went belly up and is no longer collecting a dd? Tongue

Re: For those suffering from the credit crunch....... - Na Saighdiuir - 11-19-2008

Quote:
Memmia:4ky9gj6e Wrote:
Jona Lendering:4ky9gj6e Wrote:
Memmia:4ky9gj6e Wrote:I'm one of the few who is actually very slightly better off since the credit crunch

No idea!

Hey, maybe one of your creditors went belly up and is no longer collecting a dd? Tongue

Unlikely id say...they would collecy every last cent then go bust,just to annoy you

Re: For those suffering from the credit crunch....... - M. Demetrius - 11-19-2008

Right you are, Michael. And then the CEO would retire with a bazillion in bonuses for destroying his company's solvency.

UNLESS--they could get the American taxpayers to fund their restructuring through a "bailout", so they could continue to dun their debtors for the debt. Then the CEO might have to delay his retirement...but it might be even bigger later on.

Recently turned cynical.

Re: For those suffering from the credit crunch....... - Gaius Julius Caesar - 11-19-2008

Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:l8vf4sam Wrote:
Memmia:l8vf4sam Wrote:
Jona Lendering:l8vf4sam Wrote:
Memmia:l8vf4sam Wrote:I'm one of the few who is actually very slightly better off since the credit crunch

No idea!

Unlikely id say...they would collecy every last cent then go bust,just to annoy you

Uh, yeah...no kidding.

Credit crunch - Paullus Scipio - 11-19-2008

Credit crunch?.....what credit crunch?

It seems every CEO in the U.S.A is flying to Washington in private jets (!!), crying 'poor', and getting, not just credit, but billions/trillions in taxpayer 'gifts'........

Apparently "the taxpayer" has all the money, and bottomless pockets !!!!

Re: For those suffering from the credit crunch....... - Gaius Julius Caesar - 11-19-2008

They see some one spending money wit hout having to borrow for the first time in their life, so they spit the dummy out and make it difficult for everyone....

Re: For those suffering from the credit crunch....... - Robert Vermaat - 11-19-2008

Quote:UNLESS--they could get the American taxpayers to fund their restructuring through a "bailout", so they could continue to dun their debtors for the debt. Then the CEO might have to delay his retirement...but it might be even bigger later on.

Indeed! Splendid, splendid, chaps. Twenty-five billion, anyone?

I heard on the news that Opel have asked the German government for a billion but that the gov't fears that it will only be going to GM in the States.
I know something like that went on with a perfectly healthy Dutch bank that suppered the misfortune to be a daughter company of a bankrupt US bank. Cry