Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-enacting Insurance!
Quote: Glad more folks are becoming familiar with the facinating world of insurance reenacting. I currently portray an actuarial, but hope to finish my kit as a claims investigator. Anyone make those cool hardhats? So I can recreate construction site liability investigations.
Hardhats? We can ask Deepeeka…

Quote: Already have the authentic plastic briefcase (don't drool) and the liesure suit. Smile
I got one of those briefcases too! In my ‘other life’ I portray a civil servant…
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:I portray a civil servant…
So you're never unpleasant or impolite? How authentic is that?
:lol: 8)
But just for fun, I know there was a thread some while back about a UK company that offered individual liability, but has anyone found any good source for a group/legion/tribe to get insurance for approved events?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I would guess that it would require your group/legion/tribe to have some sort of official organization. Likely non-profit status for most, but anything that would get the organization a tax ID number.

Otherwise, check with your regular insurance agent about personal liability insurance, in case, for example someone else can't control their dog which ends up trying to catch your pilum, etc. In today's world, I promise they will sue you, even if there is a leash law where your event is, that had they obeyed would have protected poor little Fifi.
Marcus Julius Germanus
m.k.a. Brian Biesemeyer
S.P.Q.A.
Heck, yeah, man. They'll sue you and brand you a sex offender for life if the wind blows and they see up your tunic. Wierd world these days.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re-enactment individual insurance Tarbicus 12 3,830 08-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Last Post: gaiusseptimiuslucianus
  Insurance Liabilities for Spectator Injuries Lucius Cornelius Traianus 7 2,469 08-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Crispvs