Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Town in Spain is destroyed to build a parking lot
First let me say I agree with Dudicus in that guarding sites would be cool. I think that they sites should be preserved if possible. But living space is concerned, I think there should be a compromise. For example. When I was over in Normandy a couple of years ago, I was horrified that People were swimming on the Normandy invasion Beach's were so many Brits, Canadians, Americans and other allied forces fought and died. However, space in Europe is limited so it makes sense, because when things are so expensive you need more space. I think though that there should be a thorough dig of the site to procure as much info as possible. Then after that what needs to be done should be done. But it seems like to me alot of these government officials don't care and don't even realize that people used to live there that is the upsetting thing is that they treat it like open farm land. How would they feel if there house was paved over. However, I think the case that takes the cake though is the dist ruction of Caligula's boat by that German Capt, however to be fair the Allies did destroy Monte Cassino, but that was so they could take it. Just comes down to the fact that some actions are warranted some are not.

William Summe

(Felix Agrippa)
William Summe

(Felix Agrippa)

Quando omni flunkus moritati

When all else fails, play dead

Messages In This Thread
Re: Roman Town in Spain is destroyed to build a parking lot - by Felix Agrippa - 05-03-2006, 12:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spain still Roman in 494 AD? Barbula 8 1,306 02-02-2019, 11:23 AM
Last Post: CaesarAugustus
  Another \"new\" Roman town in Devon 66kbm 40 8,235 07-13-2015, 05:12 PM
Last Post: 66kbm
  Late Roman Fortifications in Spain - help SMC 13 2,928 11-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat