Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inexpensive Die-Cut Lorica segmentata Lobate Hinges availabl
Avete omnes,

Normally I would restrict my offerings to the Marketplace, but I know just how much of a pain it can be to make good segmentata lobate hinges let alone find them for sale anywhere, so now that I can provide them cheaply, I figured I should let you all know.

They're die-cut, the die made to replicate an original hinge in my collection almost exactly- including the slight assymetry so they don't look industrially-manufactured :wink:

I can provide both complete hinges and just folded blanks. Complete hinges will have holes drilled in them and even the circular embossed decoration around the holes if desired. Blanks will not have holes or hinge slots cut.

A full set of 8 complete hinges ready to mount will be $80USD, and a full set of 16 blanks will be $20USD.

I do all the work right here, so can provide the blanks immediatley on order- no lag-time, and only 1-2 days for complete hinges.

At present I only have 0.015" (0.38mm) sheet brass with which to make the hinges (I've always found it sufficently strong), however if anyone wants thicker ones (0.020", for example), I'll need an initial order of at least $150 to justify buying the metal.

Valete

Matt
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!

Messages In This Thread
Inexpensive Die-Cut Lorica segmentata Lobate Hinges availabl - by Matt Lukes - 04-11-2006, 09:35 PM
since I\'m a complete klutz - by richard - 04-12-2006, 01:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lorica Segmentata Hardware. Marcus33 0 274 10-28-2021, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Marcus33
  Lorica segmentata construction help 9thlegion 4 1,794 03-03-2018, 02:53 AM
Last Post: A_Volpe
  Advice on removing rust from Lorica Segmentata Adriangunn 6 3,953 02-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Mervlvs