Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome the TV show
Babelfish says:

Teuerste Serie aller Zeiten
Full hundred million dollar the series "Rome" cost, which shows RTL II starting from 8 July in twelve times 45 minutes, to double luggage bundled in six evenings at 20.15 o'clock. A budget as with "Gladiator", Ridley Scotts with five Oscars distinguished cinema drama, which brought the Sandalenfilm back on the canvas. Was the expenditure worthwhile itself? And: What has it with the authenticity on itself, maintained by the Machern of the series? No computer simulation For "Rome" genuine window blinds were built surprisingly. The spectator does not get sterile, Fata Morgana generated at the computer as vorgegaukelt in "Gladiator", but it sees a pulsating city of fully crying contrasts, splendour and dirt full. The impressive panorama from roads, places, backyards and interiors alone makes the series worth seeing. Less authentically it happens with the costumes and arms. The senators carry the voluminoese emperor-temporal Toga instead of the scarce republican model. The officer arms let one the long-proven Requisiteure of Cinecittà manufacture, with which result that Caesar, Pompeius & CO looked as in the old Sandalenfilmen, but not, as it says the newer research. Somewhat better it stands around the equipment of the simple Legionaere, but is also there for sign too small and the helmets the Fantasieprodukte.

Sex und Crime
The film producers grant themselves much their realistic combat scenes, in addition, there restrictions must be made. The characteristic reciprocal effect of Wurfspeersalve and sword attack is missing completely, since the speere are carried only to the Zierde. The separation of the fighters in the first member in the hand mixture would fold in the middle only if the opponent possessed the friendliness to watch doless. With the Galliern it acts around the usual cave people blend with helmet. In order to meet these kriegern, one still another good half millenium would have to back-travel further in the time. The film script reduces the policy to "Sex and Crime" and invents elements of kindischer incredibility as for instance history of the stolen putting ion eagle. The conception, with the patrician ladies concerned, corresponds themselves it louder intrigante Huren to the plate of dekadenten Rome, not however the delivered facts. The Romans were expressed actually pruede. The large personalities are falseoccupied from historical view. The Pompeius marked as a senile desire scrapper-cleaning was at the time of the first consequence around the 50, the griesgraemige Greis Cato (the younger one) younger around the 40 years old - thus well 20 and 30 years than the actors in the film. The also physiognomisch similar Caesar of the Rex Harrison in the "Kleopatra" film of 1963 one can only after-cry. It harms that the beautiful window blind did not become scene of an intelligent and reliable action.

Marcus Junkelmann/ruh
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:1zj81yen Wrote:Wha tthe hell happened to this evenings episode?
Some bloody football game on again, then to rub salt in, they go straight to a bloody bike GP!

Theres a damn sports channel for that drivel! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Excuse my profanity, but this is not what I pay a TV license for! :x

Ummm, it was on BBC2 between 9pm and 10pm, or I had a very spooky hallucination :? 1zj81yen]It's repeated tonight (Monday). 11:20pm - 12:25am, BBC2. VIDEO Plus+: 182101[/size][/color]

Well it wasn't on up here! Bloody Sports on all night!

This happened a few episodes ago as well, a match was on instead, but at least they showed it after tha match was over!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Ah, the provinces. Sounds like a Scottish Parliamentary issue for sure Big Grin
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
:lol:

Hmmmm, I had better not comment! Being an alien an all!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
But then again.......
It had better be on tonite up here as well, or they will feel the wrath of ROME!!!! S.P.Q.R. all they way!!!!! Tongue P twisted: :evil: :evil:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hi all

I thought the last show of ROME was ok if a bit over the top (pullo lives to fight and @##~~ another day) Big Grin cry: Cry i am sad it is finished and that voeinus got killed
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua
OK thanks for ruining the end for me mate! :evil:

PS I'm off to play RTR, and Ireland is next on my list!!!!! :evil: :twisted:
Off I go in a huff!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
A @#'~@~'Angry#@:'~@;'#': sorry man i can be such a (boudan) Cry Cry Cry

Go Bua
Thanks Tarbicus.

Ah Babelfish -- that translations reads like it came right out of the Hitchhiker's Guide. :wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Welll, there seem to be a few episodes to go here, so, PLEASE,
don't say any more!!!!! :roll:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Welll, there seem to be a few episodes to go here, so, PLEASE,
don't say any more!!!!! :roll:
? Where are you up to in Scotland? What happened last?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Last night finished with Pullo dumping the slave bitch(albeit, a very hot one) in the river aftr throttling her when she confessed to killing his wife and baby! A fiiting end to her! :oops: :oops: Hope everyone else is caught up!!!!!

<---------------see location here Tarb :wink: :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hi all

I was dancing a jig when she got done in Good man pullo :twisted: :twisted:

P.S Sorry again but we Cork people just cant stop talking :wink:

Go Bua
I liked the end bit where Octavian got abducted by aliens and Pullo woke up in the shower and then you realised it had all been a dream.
I still never got to find out who shot JR though.
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Quote:Last night finished with Pullo dumping the slave bitch(albeit, a very hot one) in the river aftr throttling her when she confessed to killing his wife and baby!
You've got one episode left, then. Watch out for a classic quote from Marc Antony (to do with a hangover).
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!