Now all they need to do is a show about the Romans in Ireland Big Grin D D

And then i will be happy :wink:
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua
Quote:I think a whole season including Arminnius and culminating in the Varus disaster might be fun, and topical for 2009

Nah, I'd think the 3-Emperors period, just as Vespasian comes in, would be more topical. (aka - Big Effing Mess!)
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Quote:
Quote:I think a whole season including Arminnius and culminating in the Varus disaster might be fun, and topical for 2009

Nah, I'd think the 3-Emperors period, just as Vespasian comes in, would be more topical. (aka - Big Effing Mess!)

Actually...

Both would make great seasons, as would one covering the decade of the 60's in which we get not only the Year of the 4 Emperors, but also the revolt in Britain by Boudica and at no extra charge the Jewish Revolt in the east. Of course, by then Pullo would be over 100 years old but that shouldn't stop him, after all Yoda is over 400 years old. :roll:

However...

Even if they (HBO/BBC) introduced new "everyman" characters for us to follow, producing additional seasons on these topics would require some great writing and to this point I think Vortigern is quite right -- the writing in Season Two was not as sharp as Season One and if that trend were to continue these proposed new seasons would probably disappoint most if not all of us.

Even so...

These are great topics that would work best in the long format of TV rather than film. Such events need time to cover the events fully and that is the major advantage of TV.

I still have my doubts that any of this will ever come to pass, but if done well they would be great to see.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
There are many things (and people) in life that are imperfect and could use improvement. Some quite a lot of improvement. Nevertheless we choose to love. (or perhaps love chooses us.)

For all its faults I have fallen for Rome.

ps. I did cancel HBO after season 2 ended.
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
I thought it was a great series, wish it would have went into a third season. My wife got me season 1 on DVD for my birthday, and i'll be getting season 2 when its out.

Once i got past the inaccurate uniforms & gear, i really enjoyed it. I would like to see HBO do another Roman series, maybe later 1st or 2nd century AD.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
Quote:ps. I did cancel HBO after season 2 ended.
Send HBO a letter saying you cancelled because there's to be no season 3?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Ture enough about the inaccurate uniforms & gear its enough to make you screem :x x D

Go Bua
Quote:Ture enough about the inaccurate uniforms & gear its enough to make you screem :x x D
There is time enough for Vespasian. Who is one of my favorites, but let's work through them from the beginning.

EMPIRE!!! EMPIRE!!! EMPIRE!!! EMPIRE!!! EMPIRE!!! EMPIRE!!!
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
that is a fair point.

Go Bua
I have yet to see Season 2 of Rome (thanks everyone, for not posting any spoilers!) since I don't have HBO. But I'm waiting eagerly for the 2nd Season to come out on DVD!

I only got to see the first season when it came out DVD, and right after watching the 1st episode, I was hooked! What appeals me about the show is that the main characters are really just two ordinary blokes, and we see the political machination and story usually from their point of view. Also, all the actors are so incredibly talented and believable as their characters. Having watched many of them in various British programmes, I was happy to see them in substantial roles.

I think the only real problem I had was the Cleopatra character -- I didn't like that they wrote her as a sullen, drug-addicted, promiscious brat. I guess that just didn't fit my image of what the real Cleopatra may have been like. Sad

And no Season Three!!?? Awww...
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
Hi all

To be honest it is a very unture telling of Cleopatra but it dose make good tv Big Grin

Go Bua
I think cleopatra may have been more inbetween liz taylor and Rome's rather than more of one than the other...

sure, she slept around a bit, but I'm sure she wasn't the druggie in the show. Although you're right, it made for good tv, a woman who's royalty but's easy :wink:
"Marcus Hortensius Castus"
or, to those interested,
"Kyle Horton"

formerly Horton III
Poor voreus must be cursing his luck Big Grin

But what do you think of the way they have done Octivan?

(the man is a cold as ice) :?

Go Bua
I liked the way Octivan was portrayed, from a naive boy to a dangerous adversary. It took a little getting used to when they changed actors in the second season, but i guess they needed someone a little older.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI