Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbridge A Breastplates - to cross or not cross diagonally?
Quote:I have been interpreted very incorrectly.

Is not junk the kind of stuff that one might have use for later therefore hangs on to it for later use. ref: kitchen junk drawers?

An aside: As I look into my kitchen junk drawer I see stuff that probably should be trash... but not just yet.... ...!

And do we know for a fact why the Hoard was buried or why the items in it were not simply thrown into the fort's trash piles? That would clearly define the items as trash in my opinion. But that is not what happened. The items (some wrapped in cloth.... was it oiled cloth??) were placed in a well crafted box (opinion), that was covered in leather, egded in bronze, lidded (no hinges or latch) and deliberately buried.

I don't think you've been misinterpreted. Perhaps you just aren't explaining clearly.

A minor point, but who takes the time to wrap up and package junk to such an extent to obviously protect it from the elements, but from being stolen or taken as well?

The "junk" in your drawer Sean, do you have a lock on this junk drawer of yours, and is each individual piece wrapped up in wax paper or a ziplock bag? I doubt it.

Junk? I don't think so. You don't go through that much effort to preserve something that has little value, unless of course it has a lot of value. Which, by definition means it most assuredly is not junk.

Legion: TBD

Messages In This Thread
lorica - by brennivs - tony drake - 06-19-2007, 10:23 PM
lorica seg - by brennivs - tony drake - 06-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Re: lorica seg - by Matt Lukes - 06-22-2007, 12:03 AM
corbridge A - by brennivs - tony drake - 06-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Re: corbridge A - by Matt Lukes - 06-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Re: Corbridge A Breastplates - to cross or not cross diagonally? - by Magnus - 07-13-2007, 01:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making a press tool to make cross bands for scabbards brennivs - tony drake 7 2,574 10-03-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake
  Blade Cross Sections and Designs Pointer 10 2,350 09-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Augustus Janus
  Lower cross hanger under plate, designs? Titus Marius Secundus 7 2,846 12-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Crispvs