Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the Earth move for you ?
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6605095.stm

This was quite a bad quake for the UK, is anyone on here from the Folkestone area ?

Has anyone else on here experienced an earthquake/ tremor ? For some people they are a regular occurance.

Luckily for us in the UK, we usually only get minor tremors which cause structural damage, and result in a few casualties at the very worst, unlike many other nations which earthquakes can be a disaster.

I've only experienced two tremors, one when I was a child which resulted in my pet goldfish being shook out of his bowl onto my bed Confusedhock: , and one a few years ago which I must admit scared the Hell out of me as I was woken up by a loud roar and furniture shaking violently. I am still finding cracks in my walls and ceiling from it too.
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
I was travelling through folkestone when it happened. I have to say it was quite strange and I didnt really understand what was happening until I heard about it on the news.

It was quite severe in the town apparently.
Scribonius

A.K.A Des
That was quite a hit you took -- glad you came through it OK. (At least I assume you did... :? )

Out here on the "Left Coast" quakes are a fairly regular event, though it has been some time since we had one of any real significance. We are all still waiting for THE Big one. Cry

(Also use to feel them in Hawai'i whenever the volcano was errupting, but those rarely caused any damage in Honolulu.)

The last large quake was Northridge in 1994 (6.7) --that was one wake up call to remember. I had to practically breakdown a door to get my daughter out of her room. However, other than broken dishes and hundreds of books to pick-up, no one was hurt. We were very lucky.

It was Mother Nature saying "Can you hear me now?"

Loud and clear! Confusedhock:

You will probably feel a few After Shocks, but with any luck the worst is over.

Good luck!

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
hope everyone is ok.

the earth moved for me here in WV, USA... but only cause i raised up on one buttcheek Wink
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  move furnature with catapult Gaius Decius Aquilius 4 1,617 02-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Narukami
  Did the Earth move for you last night? Libitina 30 6,317 03-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Senovara
  Move over Caesar... richsc 8 1,826 03-23-2005, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Tarbicus