Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathfinder Seen it?
[Image: movie_pathfinder_160.jpg]
Please don't tell me that's a viking helmet.

No, please, don't. Lie to me. Make up a story.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Jim,

just lie down and relax. It's the outer carapace of the head of the now-extinct North American giant armadillo bull. Any resemblance to a helmet is purely imaginary, and there is no connection whatsoever to the Vikings.

Also, take some Prozac, just in case you don't quite believe me... :wink:
Andreas Baede
Nooooooooo......!!! Hollywood must die! Slowly..... Painfully.... With great anguish.... Not only have they massacred an OK Norwegian movie, they've also watered down and butchered the Norse...

And I who got angry merely at Stargate and the episode where the viking gods were portrayed as the enemies of the whatever-they're-named...

Excuse me, I'm off to procure an old Russian nuke...
"There are some who call me... Tim..."

Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Exitus acta probat

Nemo saltat sobrius

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Fortes Fortuna Aduvat

"The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one! Good odds for any Greek!"
An update that deserves a post of it's own... I saw the trailer on youtube. Or more correctly, I saw a minute or so of it... I got in a dragon head on a ship and a horned helmet, then I shut it off and bit my tongue to stop myself from crying. It'd that bad. No, it's worse. Unbelievably worse...

Exitus acta probat

Nemo saltat sobrius

Fortes Fortuna Aduvat

Maybe it was a privately financed plan by Gerard Butler to make Beowulf and Grendel seem like a good movie in comparisonBig Grin

When I first saw the preview I thought it was one of those fake movies where they're going to tell us to shut off our cell phones. Man was I angry when they started the next preview. Was that for real? Unfortunately, yes.
Derek D. Estabrook
Since it does not bill itself as a accurate telling of history maybe you should understand this is FANTASY!
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Are those left over Borg costumes?
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Take a close look Andy the will remind you a lot of Frazetta paintings. :wink: Molly Hatchet album covers!
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Quote:Take a close look Andy the will remind you a lot of Frazetta paintings. :wink: Molly Hatchet album covers!

hehe hey paul, verena said it looks a lot like your pajamas Wink hehhe
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
Quote:Since it does not bill itself as a accurate telling of history maybe you should understand this is FANTASY!

It's still horrible. I can almost understand why the Persians were upset at 300...

Exitus acta probat

Nemo saltat sobrius

Fortes Fortuna Aduvat

I'm with you on that about the Persians. Still, I don't think the majority of people know enough about Persians to apply an obviously fantastic view of them. The depiction of the Persians is so unbelievable that I think only a fool would believe it about a culture that they are not familiar with. Pathfinder's depiction of Norsemen conforms to a lot of stereotypes about Norsemen and a lot of the uniformed still have the 1950s view of them. Still, maybe not since the movie is a flop and last I knew hasn't even topped 10,000,000.
Derek D. Estabrook
Quote:Still, maybe not since the movie is a flop and last I knew hasn't even topped 10,000,000.
Wouldn't it be ironic if it was due to audiences saying "vikings looked nothing liked that."
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:
Ironhand:37kyu677 Wrote:Still, maybe not since the movie is a flop and last I knew hasn't even topped 10,000,000.
Wouldn't it be ironic if it was due to audiences saying "vikings looked nothing liked that."

That's make my day! Big Grin

Exitus acta probat

Nemo saltat sobrius

Fortes Fortuna Aduvat

Me as well.

I would bash Hollywood more, but the independent films I've seen haven't been much better. Why don't they seek out the help of dedicated reenactors/ historians more? Pride, lack of caring, or what?
Derek D. Estabrook
Quote:Why don't they seek out the help of dedicated reenactors/ historians more? Pride, lack of caring, or what?

Maybe because the majority of audiences want either love/drama or blood and thunder. Of course, there are exceptions(Gettysburg anyone?).

Exitus acta probat

Nemo saltat sobrius

Fortes Fortuna Aduvat