Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathfinder Seen it?
I knew I shouldn't have spent the money after seeing the previews for it, but I didn't feel I could adequately review it without doing so. After seeing it I really don't know where to start. The generally theme itself is ludicruous. The Norse sailed thousands of miles of dangerous ocean on raiding mission just for the hell of it? How laughable is that. That makes about as much sense as swimming the English channel to rob a pub. I'd watch the movie if it was a bit more believable. The Norse's warrior natures and the Native Americans often violent and almost universally xenophobic attitudes leading to conflict and bloodshed on a trading/ settlement mission. Thats a lot more believable and has happened. Why exactly did they take a small kid on a raiding mission with them? Saying the writer probably didn't read the Jomsvikings Saga where they limit membership to 18 and over probably wouldn't matter since I'm not sure the writers knowledge extends to more than the movie the Vikings, the Minnesota Vikings, and possibly the 13th warrior. While 300 presented some pretty unbelievable depictions of the Persian I think it is unbelievable enough that people won't really believe the Persians were like that. Most people don't probably have much knowledge of them, but they don't have much for stereotypes either (general public I mean). The thing that scares me most about Pathfinder is that people will watch the movie and think it has any basis in fact or reality. Sorry, Pathfinder if nobody is sympathetic for the Norse being forced out of Greenland by the Skraelings I'm not going to offer my sympathy when the situation is (according to you) reversed.

Unless you really are in the mood for an action movie save yourself the time, headache, and money and find something else. I spent over half of the movie groaning over the equipment. Man, it was horrible.
Derek D. Estabrook
[Image: photo_01.jpg]
[Image: 029758_41.jpg][Image: movie_pathfinder_160.jpg]

[size=200:2153dfvt]WTF?![/size]
Confusedhock: :lol:
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Thanks for the laugh. If we weren't on other sides of the world, I'd buy you a beer.
Derek D. Estabrook
makes me want to dig my eyes out with a spoon
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
Yeah but come on...you can't take a movie like that seriously..it has "rental" written all over it.

And for those people who think this has some historical basis, are probably the same morons that get pregnant at 14, have 7 teeth, and spend their lives buying beer with their welfare cheques and working temp. jobs.

Any loss there? Not really.

Legion: TBD
dude, you jsut discribed 90% of my state. just ask Primvs Pavlvs, he was prego at 14
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
Quote:Thanks for the laugh. If we weren't on other sides of the world, I'd buy you a beer.
[Image: simpsons-the-beer-solution-4900369.jpg][Image: culebra-beer-ad-3.JPG]

[size=200:3tc5w51q]Cheers!![/size]
Quote:dude, you just described 90% of my state. just ask Primvs Pavlvs, he was prego at 14

Primus Paulus is a Red Neck?!?!?! Confusedhock:
Ivan Perelló
Quote:Primus Paulus is a Red Neck?!?!?! Confusedhock:

:oops: Ask Jasper he would know!
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Quote:
FAVENTIANVS:34v1l2qo Wrote:Primus Paulus is a Red Neck?!?!?! Confusedhock:
:oops: Ask Jasper he would know!
I always thought it was just your focale :?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
[Image: redneck.jpg]
[Image: redneck.jpg][Image: redneck.jpg]
Ivan Perelló
paul, when did you get a blue motorcycle? and when did ivan get that picture of you?

Quote: Ask Jasper he would know!
ahhhhhh i'm tellin ryan, i thought he was your one and only to breathe down teh back of your neck Wink

hehe we;re getting silly now
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
What do you mean now? lol

Legion: TBD
A review:

[url:3nynvr2y]http://www.calendarlive.com/movies/reviews/cl-et-pathfinder13apr13,0,1569659.story[/url]

I have actually seen the movie "Pathfinder"'s loosely based on (which had the same English title). That was, in my memory, a good movie with a great cast. Bleh, American remakes of European movies... :evil:
Andreas Baede
Wait...You mean this movie was not about Faux-Vikings driving around in Nissan SUV's??

Awwww. Sad
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Unfortunately I paid money to see this "movie"
I had hoped it was going to be like the original. Silly me!!!
The costume dept must have been album cover artists for Molly Hatchet in another life.
Jon Ractliffe.
There are no real truths, just stories. (Zuni)