Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crista Transversa
I don´t write that profs or students are stupid or there discussions useless! But some of them discuss to much (i know some Profs and students, and most of them answered a question with another question. you know what i mean.) I make this hobby long enough (7 years, and it´s not whitout reason that i´m a Optio) to know that a lot of roman eouipment and it´s use is unknown. If you wanna tell people nothing wrong, tell them nothing and you are on the safe side. What´s wrong in the fact to wear a crista transversa? Because Obmann say there are no really evidences? Bring´s that the discussion forward that you write Obmann write this, Obmann write that? You have your meaning, the other´s have a other meanings, let us discuss ;-) ) For me, the tombstones are evidence enough.
Adamklissi was a mistake, sorry.

Please, don´t forget, my english is bad. In german i can explain it better and we can discuss as long as you want Big Grin
Marcus Iulius Chattus

Me that ave been what i´ve been-
Me that ave gone where i´ve gone-
Me that ave seen what i´ve seen-
...Me!
(Rudyard Kipling)
Quote:What´s wrong in the fact to wear a crista transversa? Because Obmann say there are no really evidences?
Again, you totally miss the point of this discussion. In fact this is about finding out, whether Obmann is right or not, and whether his points are valid.
Quote:Bring´s that the discussion forward that you write Obmann write this, Obmann write that?
Errr... :roll: Yes, it does. That´s what the discussion is about. :wink:
Quote:You have your meaning, the other´s have a other meanings, let us discuss
That´s what we were doing, actually. And I don´t have a meaning - this is not about meanings, this is about evidence.
Quote:For me, the tombstones are evidence enough.
That´s fine. Based on which arthistorical relief-display-theory? Are you a follower of the depth-is-all-flat-is-bad school or are you rather following the minimal-artistic-talent-of the-maker theory?
Quote: some of them discuss to much (i know some Profs and students, and most of them answered a question with another question. you know what i mean
Yes, I know. Academics suck! Treat´em like Sokrates, HE stopped asking questions when people were finished with him! Smile
Quote:(7 years, and it´s not whitout reason that i´m a Optio
Yup, I can see that. Smile )

Great we discussed this! now let´s get back to the actual topic! Yeee-haaaa!
Big Grin D
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
You was a soldier, i can´t believe it Big Grin
You are right, and i´m out of this discussion. All what i can write can´t stand against Obmann!
Marcus Iulius Chattus

Me that ave been what i´ve been-
Me that ave gone where i´ve gone-
Me that ave seen what i´ve seen-
...Me!
(Rudyard Kipling)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Optio Crista manthos 13 2,765 12-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Paullus Scipio