Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming series: The Dark Ages
The History Channel will be airing a new series about The Dark Ages from March 4th.
The series will cover the period between the fall of Rome and the Crusades.

Traliers can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 338EEAE2B7

From what I've seen from a preview dvd and lots of still shots, is that although there are some well-known experts who are consulted (for instance, Michael Kulikowski about the Goths), the re-enactment and background comments leave a lot to be desired. Segementata's in 410, one-liners about the Goths being heathens from northern germany.. that kind of stuff.

The series will cover the fall of Rome and Justinian.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:After the fall of Rome and before the rebirth of the Renaissance, Europe survived six centuries of continental revolution characterized by famine, plague and bloodshed -- a time known as the Dark Ages. At its worst, life in the Dark Ages was miserable, brutish and — for the fortunate — short. But through the darkness shone scattered rays of light, men and women who tended the flame of progress while the world around them descended into chaos

Oh, please... :roll:

I don't think I'll even consider buying it as a €5,- dvd in the trash bin later this year... :lol:
Andreas Baede

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warfare in the Dark Ages Conal 1 1,199 02-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Ioannes_Ahenobarbus
  Barbarians - Secrets of the Dark Ages - Richard Rudgley MARCVS PETRONIVS MAIVS 0 2,532 09-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Last Post: MARCVS PETRONIVS MAIVS