Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Roman Army - seniores and iuniores
Julian wrote:
Yay, more discussions about calendars and year calculations! I think Censorinus deserves a new friend:

After reading the rest of your post, I am in agreement. However, without Censorinus I would never have deducted Rome was Pythagorean.

Julian reference:
B 6) Polemius Silvius Brief History (17) After 1,200 years of this rule have been completed since the beginning of the city under the consulate of Postumianus and Zeno (448 A.D.), the first year begins under the consulate of Astyrius (449 A.D.).

Absolutely brilliant Julian. Bravo, a good find. Reading your post was like being told I had won the lottery. This is the corrupt saeculum calendar Claudian is referring to which hastens the end of Rome before its time. The corrupt calendar is very dominate in late Roman history. The reason why it came into existence is even more interesting.

According to the Roman poet Rutilius, it was the cursed Stilicho that committed the most bitter of crimes “by betraying the Empire’s secret, and that Stilicho strove to live longer than the Roman race.” Stilicho’s knew that in 448 AD, the Romans gods could no longer protect Rome.

To the Romans, the movement of the Pythagorean cosmos from one planet to another planet was seen as moving from the rule of one god to another god. Pythagoras did not believe in the gods. Pythagoras believed in one god, and the movement from one planet to another was to Pythagoras, moving through the soul of the one god, with Mercury representing the mind of god. It was a monotheist system. In 181 BC, some Roman priest knew that the gods were destined to perish and tried to use this information to strike back at the Roman senate for their persecution of the Bacchanalia, of which many priest were members.

Julian’s reference
J. Hughes, Secrets of the Times. Myth and History in Biblical Chronology, Sheffield 1990, 46-48 (s. 47 “Priestly Chronological Schematism”): “The present era of history divides into a pre-Abrahamic age lasting 1599 years and a post-Abrahamic age of 2400 years’ duration, with post-Abrahamic history subdivided into pre-temple and temple ages each lasting 1200 years.”; ferner K. Koenen, 1200 Jahre von Abrahams Geburt bis zum Tempelbau, ZAW 126,4 (2014) 494-505.

And that is why all legions are in increments of 1,200 men.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Late Roman Army - seniores and iuniores - by Steven James - 10-13-2020, 03:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Late Roman Army during the 5th century Robert Vermaat 89 17,570 01-11-2024, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Magister_Officiorum13241
  Late Roman Army Ranks - Numeri/Limitanei jmsilvacross 14 1,855 11-17-2021, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Steven James
  Seniores and Iuniores (again) Colonel Chabert 23 3,552 01-09-2021, 12:42 AM
Last Post: Nathan Ross