Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JSTOR
Quote:One of the unfortunate things about getting JSTOR through an institution is that you never view the conditions of use.
Well, speaking as one confined within the bounds of an institution, there is the statement at the bottom when you download or print, that "Your use of the JSTOR archive indicates your acceptance of JSTOR's Terms and Conditions of Use. JSTOR's Terms and Conditions of Use provides, in part, that unless you have obtained prior permission, you may not download an entire issue of a journal or multiple copies of articles, and you may use content in the JSTOR archive only for your personal, non-commercial use."

But it's easy to miss.
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
You're right, thanks! I'll have to go read it now...
K.E.McElligott

"I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know." - M.Tullius Cicero
Let's write the list of the members that have full acces to articles, without payment. I am the one, and most willing to help others.
Lets make one sticky on rat where people can post their demand for artcles. Few of us can arrange internal agreement when is the one's turn to download article and distribute it to the people who asked for it.
I have 256/64 Kbits home access so it is not problem for me.
also I have access to Blackwell http://www.blackwell-synergy.com i.e Oxford journal of Archeology.
Stefan Pop-Lazic
by a stuff demand, and personal hesitation
I was pondering access issues around JSTOR, so I checked out their website. If you aren't affiliated with a university and have free access to JSTOR, you can become a member of a huge list of societies to get free access to JSTOR.

The Society for the Promotion of Romans Studies ( it's acronym is SPQR)provides it's members with a JSTOR access for 10$ or 5 GBP. You do, however, have to pay for a subscription to a Roman Journal( either JRS or Britannia).

The subscription cost roughly $75 per year, but you get some articles...[/i]
Michael Griffin
High School Teacher who knows Latin & Greek
felicior quam sus in stercu
I have had that JSTOR appear quite a few times over the last few days, when checking something out...and I found it frustrating that I couldn't access what looked so tantilisingly interesting...
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-