Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adamklissi
Quote:
lisa:2hsy4z2y Wrote:The photo gallery of Adamklissi is purposefully hard to find

Aye, they're just keeping us scrotes in our place as the lapdogs of our betters, scrambling for the scraps thrown to us :wink:

(Now 'scrote' isn't a word I've used in a very long time. It deserves a lot more usage methinks ...)

Ah, echoes of Fletch in Porridge. 'Miserable old scrote' describes too many people you bump into in life, sadly.. ;-)

Coulston and I snapped the whole damn lot at Adamclisi (we just got a shrug when we asked) and that is the origin of the Armamentarium piccies (I did black and white, he did slides IIRC). That was one of my most intensive pieces of photography (bettered only by all the Apamea tombstones in one hour a few years later).

Copyright normally rests with the photographer unless it has specifically been signed away (copyright legislation is harmonised across the EU and more or less across the whole world). I doubt the DMCA police will be around anytime soon... hang on, who's that at the door...

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
I have a friend who has all of the metopes on slide film too, twice over (I'm jealous, my camera at the time was just a point and shoot). He was still surprisingly fun to hang around with, despite his almost autistic interest in slide documentary.

I think Adamklissi is such an interesting case study of so many things. It's fantastic that almost all of the original sculptures are still on site, but finding the full publications is a crap shoot, and it's almost a rite of passage if you can make it all the way to Dobruja (I would never have made it if I hadn't gone with an organized dig), so even though they are in as close to their original context as they can be, they're for all intents and purposes, for the majority of people, inaccessible. But, it's true, I hardly expect anyone to arrest me for illicit publications of photographs, whether I deserve it or not.
L. M. Anderson

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.brown.edu/joukowskyinstitute">www.brown.edu/joukowskyinstitute
Quote:Ah, echoes of Fletch in Porridge. 'Miserable old scrote' describes too many people you bump into in life, sadly.. ;-) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ3mwkJqoSs
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:
mcbishop:1s8o1u2b Wrote:Ah, echoes of Fletch in Porridge. 'Miserable old scrote' describes too many people you bump into in life, sadly.. ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ3mwkJqoSs

Thanks Jim, that brightened up my morning!

Mike Bishop

Quote:I have a friend who has all of the metopes on slide film too, twice over (I'm jealous, my camera at the time was just a point and shoot). He was still surprisingly fun to hang around with, despite his almost autistic interest in slide documentary.

Sounds uncomfortably like the Good Dr Coulston...

Mike Bishop

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adamklissi arklore70 50 9,282 01-25-2008, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Paullus Scipio