Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tribune helmet from Thrace?
Looks like a fake to me too. (btw be careful on the forum rules for posting links to external auction sites).

Bronze handles throughs me as well. Especially the pommel, which was usually a shell around something organic, and I've only seen bronze examples from early in the Roman era. Its also far too short to be a Spatha.....

And lets just say that seller is "known" for questionable items.... (thats my personal opinion)
Markus Aurelius Montanvs
What we do in life Echoes in Eternity

Roman Artifacts
[Image: websitepic.jpg]
Thanks...wasnt trying to sell...just that we had been discussing fakes fom certain sites.

I'll check the ruling. I guess its a shame these are posted as I think any collector would die for a real sword but who has that kind of money to own one!

Imagine teh history of events a sword coudl tell you about!
Rubicon

"let the die be cast "

(Stefano Rinaldo)
Isn't the Balkans one of the areas where they have trouble with unoffical digging....?
The sword doesn't look quite Roman to me, either, although i'm no expert on this period...maybe a hybrid..?
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
IS that true about the balkans?

Can you explain the issue with the location as many items seem to originate from there?

Though history does suggest roman occupation of the area?
Rubicon

"let the die be cast "

(Stefano Rinaldo)
criminal Russian, Romanian, Yugoslav gangs..... frauding on e-bay with mostly fake and sometimes stolen artefacts...

cost me 275 Euros one day ..........

if it was allowed i'd be happy to ****************** and *********** them after which i would ********** and *********

M.VIB.M. :evil:
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tribune/Legate Helmet LonginusXXI 3 1,279 02-20-2018, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar
  Augustan Military Finds in Thrace BenC44 9 2,652 12-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Last Post: BenC44