Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bleaching horsehair
Yeah, you should be able to buy "white" or natural horsehair...as well as brown and black. I used both in mine.

[Image: MagnusCrest.jpg]

Legion: TBD
Like your gear, Matt. Did you make the manica yourself? How do you attach it, to the seg, or suspended from your neck/shoulder? Smile

Sincerely

B. Angel
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Do you know of any horsehair vendor in Europe? (thinking about taxes and stuf )

Yes, try Jelling Dragon. It a hell of a lot more expensive there though.

I now get all mine from USA. I buy whole tails. You can get a lot of hair from just one tail! :wink:
Quote:Well I've tried it, but to no avail. The hair stays black. :?

DOH! I'm surprised. Well you could always experiment with other solutions such as 5% hypocholorite (bleach) or 2% hydrogen peroxide- the latter is what used to be used on people's hair, although I don't know the concentration. The thing to do would be to try just a couple of strands in each and observe them until they change (and if they change), rinse WELL and then see if they've weakened appreciably.
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!