Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Systems of subjection of the montefortino helmet
I have observed which in the helmets montefortino there are two systems to fix the strap that comes from the fin later of the nape of the neck to barbuquejo, these are two to per to us with conical head; one with two pins of fixation that leaves below the edge buccolae, and another one with a single pin of fixation that leaves the outer face of buccolae, means this that a system is previous in the time to the other and therefore it belongs to a more primitive model?
Moncada Martín, Gabriel / MARCII ULPI MESSALA
Messala,
Sorry for not being able to help you with the Montefortino, because I'm a Late Roman (El traductor no ha sido muy fino, espero que tu mensaje les resulte más comprensible a los angloparlantes que a mí...) Sad
BUT,
As Forum moderator I must ask you to add at least your real first name as signature. Many thanks! Big Grin

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Dear Iriarte, thanks for the answer, (en verdad mi inglés es realmente básico) will try to simplify the question. The montefortino helmet has two systems of subjection of the strap to “cheek piecesâ€
They are both contemporary sitemas in the time or the right one use in the centuries IV-III B.C and the left-handed one use in centuries III-I B.C?

[Image: a.jpg]
Pardon, I refer to the system of tie of the strap in the cheek pieces.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iron Age grave a unique find - Montefortino helmet in UK! Peroni 3 2,115 10-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Franklin
  New Montefortino helmet at Royal Athena Tarbicus 10 3,427 09-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Paullus Scipio
  Attaching a plume to a Montefortino helmet? Cornelius Quintus 13 5,963 10-13-2006, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Matthew Amt