How many do you have so far?
Amanda Welshman
(No Roman name yet)
Check the Sign Up thread below this one. :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
-sees it- Ohh Wink I get ya

Maybe we should tell people to post on there, whether they are interested or not, because I've seen a few people on this thread saying they will. Instead on the actual one. Smile

How many are you hoping for?
Amanda Welshman
(No Roman name yet)
Coordinator Susanne? Please chip in!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
That's how. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I play online with TW series from Shogun time; now i use RTW normal
(with the 1.5 now is better equilibrated).

You guys are sure to use tournament solution and not a ladder? With not
many players and many different time zones, is difficult to organize a
precise battle's appointment; a casual battle from two players in chat
is much more probable.
And a ladder allow to the losers to play again, and to the people with
little experience to make one.

On can create a RAT's ladder on GS Arena and we can use nicks with
[R.A.T.] extension at the end (example my nick now is Mitra[ITA],
become Mitra[ITA][R.A.T.]) so we can identify us in chat and make
matchs.

We can use like alternative to GS in the game this free italian software that i'm testing since some days ( http://www.project-mp.it/ ); this little Sw create a matchlobby out of the game (like GS arcade) and the client signal when a player create a lobby.

FOr example the player A create a lobby for RTW (he set the number of players and the name of match); player B have the signal of the lobby's creation, enter to this site http://www.project-mp.it/lobby/ and connect to the player A's lobby; A launching the game and start the match. On the site we have also a challange section how leave day and hour of a match.

The software is in italian lang. but is very simple and i can make a pdf vademecum for use it.
"Each historical fact needs to be considered, insofar as possible, no with hindsight and following abstract universal principles, but in the context of own proper age and environment" Aldo A. Settia

a.k.a Davide Dall\'Angelo

SISMA- Società Italiana per gli Studi Militari Antichi
How rules i think the first is to adopt the same concept of MTW,
different time scenario: the units and factions usable depends from the
era choiced (at example republican, post marian, imperial). On can make
matchs of different money quantity (ex 7000 den, 12500 or 15000).

I dont think the TWPL rules are good for all the factions; adopt they
simply locked the player to take parthians,scytians,numidians,ecc.. The
only limitation necessary (era selection apart)is "not art", not much because he's too
strong but because create defensive mentality on the player and boring
matchs. The elephants are strong but they are much expensives (
personally i have win against players wich used three elephants).

Time match and point victories are good for not create "campers" situation's.
"Each historical fact needs to be considered, insofar as possible, no with hindsight and following abstract universal principles, but in the context of own proper age and environment" Aldo A. Settia

Now i go to make my saturday's pizza margherita Big Grin

On the back cover of game manual.

Big Grin Remember to upgrade the game to patch 1.5/1.6 (if you have also BI the 1.6 upgrade the game standard automatically to 1.5). The patchs are on the site of total war.

I probably suck at the game but I like it so if I have the time I'll participate.

Cheers,
Jef
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Quote:Ok interesting, i enter online, there is too many people! Confusedhock:

How I would identify my Raters friends online?

In RTW online, I'm just: Gioi

Still I have to do other stuf before I can play, update it , practice etc. :wink: ..............Or I can just play without experience & play just for that not for the price 8)

cheers

Ok, on can use the marker [R.A.T] after the nick, in your case
Gioi[R.A.T.].

No isn't necessary have experience but if your match is a team match (2vs2,3vs3,4vs4) is best if you tell to your partners you are a noob.

Yes it is the better solution for find us in chat game.

Another possibility for play online without use gamespy is using Hamachi. THis software create a VPN (virtual network) with max 16 users; all this users are in virtual lan , and can play game (at example Rome) how in a true LAN.

I wouldn't mind trying a game of RTW. I'd probably play pre-Marian Romans or Seleucids. However, I'll have to wait until I get my broadband connection next month.

Do you people play with RTR? I fancy myself to be an amateur historian, and wouldn't use such junk as wardogs... if RTR gets rid of inaccurate units, why not.

When is the tournament?
Robert Orth

Current Impressions: 78th Fraser Highlanders (Private, Infantry) ["Professional"]
Next Impression: Hastati... more info needed

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which version for the tournament? Praefectusclassis 7 10,013 02-18-2009, 01:46 AM
Last Post: Smithy