Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vexillum, unidentified parts and pieces
i need to know what the piece near the grip on the haft of a vexillum is called and what is it made from, anyone have a mold, one for sale? something?
also the straps on either side of the banner, what kind of studs or phalerae go on them and how do you connect them, also what little traingle piece would clamp on to the ends of theses straps, tassels whatever, what are they called anyway? and okay it was explained to me one can join two loops together to attach the crossmeber to the haft right, how is this done? ive seen some fine vexillum on here so somebody throw me a bone, huh? thanks
-Jason

(GNAEVS PETRONIVS CANINVS, LEGIIAPF)

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
See this thread here...

http://w10.eleven2.com/~joorthuy/rat/vi ... 12b5498820
Big Grin
the piece on the haft is not mentioned in that thread, les i am just completely missing it, i'll look again. im refering to the metal down sloping piece above the grip? no?

ps sweet helmet, whats with the black?
-Jason

(GNAEVS PETRONIVS CANINVS, LEGIIAPF)

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
Do you mean the decorative hemispherical bits seen mostly on the signum, or a hook shaped had-grip that sticks out at 90 degrees from the shaft?

As for the black feathers and plume....I portray a Germanic auxiliary, I wanted it to look more menacing! :twisted:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vexillum Pieces Primvs Pavlvs 3 1,375 05-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Matthew Amt