Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another New Book About Rome\'s Legions from Dando-Collins
Some members might find this pre-publication information of interest.

: Mark Antony's Heroes: How the Third Gallica Legion Saved an Apostle and Created an Emperor by Stephen Dando-Collins
Not yet released.
Publication Date: November 3, 2006

Our Price: $16.35  

Editorial Reviews

Book Description

The history of ancient Rome’s fearsome Third Gallica Legion

Once again bringing the history of ancient Rome to vibrant life, author Stephen Dando-Collins continues his compelling look at the formidable fighting legions that drove Rome’s expansion. In Mark Antony’s Heroes, Dando-Collins focuses on the 3rd Gallica Legion. In 36 B.C., the fighting unit helped Mark Antony invade Media, and from A.D. 59 to 79, the Legion’s victorious battles put Vespasian on the throne. Spanning the birth of Christ, the book covers graphic battle scenes, the first meeting between Antony and Cleopatra, the Great Fire, the Jewish uprising, and the three separate times the Legion saved the life of the apostle Paul, ultimately allowing Christianity to take root in Rome.

Stephen Dando-Collins is the Australian-born author of Caesar’s Legion (0-471-68613-1), Cleopatra’s Kidnappers (0-471-71933-1), and Nero’s Killing Machine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Details

Hardcover: 304 pages
Publisher: Wiley (November 3, 2006)
Language: English
ISBN: 0471788996

I wonder if the author ever eats or sleeps... :?

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Never mind eating and sleeping. Does he ever read up on his research is what I want to know...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Indeed! :!:

I did read his first book, on the 10th Legion, but have not ventured to swim in his pool again.

Not enough time and too many good books yet unread on my shelf.

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dando-Collins, \'Legions of Rome\' Carus Andiae 16 9,511 10-09-2018, 06:12 PM
Last Post: LupercusArchanus
  Rome and parthia book Quintus Aurelius Lepidus 1 1,192 08-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Nathan Ross
  Book on History Of Rome Narukami 5 2,415 12-28-2012, 03:49 AM
Last Post: ANTONIVS MAGNVS