Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vindolanda drawstring pouch
Hi Jef,

very nice work!

Quote:I have drawn a pattern for this bag using the measurements from Murray's report.

What report are you referring to exactly? Could you let me know the bibliographical reference, please (TIA!)?

Quote:If you want I can scan it (with a scale Tongue ) and email it to you. I won't be at home the next two or three weeks but I can do it when I get back.

Could I have one, too, please? I'll PM you my email address ...
Quote:Perhaps we could start a "leather reconstructions gallery" with the "bag-man" Martin.

Sounds like a very good idea! Big Grin

Maybe I could post some pics of my new 3rd century baldric...
Florian Himmler (not related!)
Quote:I am also wondering if our resident bag-man Martin has ever gotten round to the smaller bags from the Italian wreck. :wink:

"Fame" often comes by wondrous names :lol:
But to answer your question - no, unfortunately not yet ...
Quote:He, that would be great! Perhaps we could start a "leather reconstructions gallery" with the "bag-man" Martin. Posting good drawings of finds with dimensions could inspire other reconstructions.

Certainly a good idea! I'd of course be willing to help, but somebody else will have to volunteer to "master-edit" this, as I would rather not take on anything else at least as long as the pugio database project is in the making ...
Hi Martin, Could you post some pics (with dimensions) of the smaller bags or pouches, even if you haven't gotten round to the reconstruction. Maybe someone will beat you to it (for once!) Big Grin
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
Quote:Hi Martin, Could you post some pics (with dimensions) of the smaller bags or pouches, even if you haven't gotten round to the reconstruction. Maybe someone will beat you to it (for once!) Big Grin

Hi Robert,

sure - please look at the Comacchio thread here: http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=11635
Thanks, they look fairly simple. Think I'll stick to your other more elaborate model as a guiding light. Big Grin
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pouch from Israel Martin Moser 45 9,312 11-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Martin Moser
  The Pouch version pivus 23 4,673 01-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Robert
  Bargercompascuum Drawstring Pouch Martin Moser 29 7,857 03-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Martin Moser