Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castra Romana 2006, October 18-22, South Carolina
Thanks for those nice pictures Saul!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, Josh is a beast of a fighter. I fought him as ratiarius twice and thought I would die every second, in fact, I did die the second time.

You were not a bad fighter yourself Saul! In the first bout you made me drop my gladius and got me with your trident right in the chest. I think the only reason I got you the second time was because you had the needlefelt spear instead of the trident.

Look forward to fighting you in Mobile! 8)
Joshua B. Davis

Marius Agorius Donatus Minius Germanicus
Optio Centuriae
Legio VI FFC, Cohors Flavus
[url:vat9d7f9]http://legvi.tripod.com[/url]

"Do or do not do, their is no try!" Yoda
I love the feast hall!!!

Good idea that of the public throwing tennis balls to the testudo. I also thought something similar for our show, really :wink:
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Josh, I share the sentiment and expect nothing short of pure barbarian madness from you in Mobile. By the way, in case it's not already known, Legio IV will have a Fabricae (workshop) the second weekend of January, that is, the weekend before Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (13-14 January).

Quote:Good idea that of the public throwing tennis balls to the testudo. I also thought something similar for our show, really :wink:
Credit goes to our beloved primus pilus, Rusty Myers. In fact, the genius thing wasn't that they were just tennis balls; rather, they were polls that collapsed in on themselves with tennis balls attached to the end. It's a little hard to explain. Maybe one of the fellows from Legio IV can get a picture and better description?...
[Image: RAT_signature2.png]
Great pics saul, I especially love the comments...

The meal in the Feast Hall is simply over too quick for me. It is the highlight of the year.

By the way... The "Primus Pilus and Major Mike Share an intimate moment" comment will cost you... LEG V will not bail you out of this one...

And Saul... It's LEG VI...not IV :wink:
From the ISPA Website, http://legvi.tripod.com/ispa/

Combat Pilum

aka "Golf Tube" or “bofferâ€
Quote:By the way... The "Primus Pilus and Major Mike Share an intimate moment" comment will cost you... LEG V will not bail you out of this one...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:And Saul... It's LEG VI...not IV :wink:
:oops: That has been fixed, sir. It was an honest mistake. :oops:
[Image: RAT_signature2.png]
Not bad pictures there Saul! I like how you can put the cursor on the persons name in the picture and a box will show them in the picture.

Rusty! Confusedhock: I didn't know man... and you wonder why I ran off and joined the barbarians?!

Don't worry Saul, I will back you up. With your trident and my sword we can take him. :twisted:
Joshua B. Davis

Marius Agorius Donatus Minius Germanicus
Optio Centuriae
Legio VI FFC, Cohors Flavus
[url:vat9d7f9]http://legvi.tripod.com[/url]

"Do or do not do, their is no try!" Yoda

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Castra Romana Roper Mountain In South Carolina rusty myers 0 1,187 09-01-2012, 03:15 AM
Last Post: rusty myers
  Castra Romana X, South Carolina rusty myers 2 1,496 11-09-2011, 07:40 PM
  October 22 Italian Festival In South Carolina rusty myers 0 1,700 09-12-2011, 11:53 PM