Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caesar’s Legions osprey
Quote:Don't panic. The plates are all there.

they are? i didnt see all of them. i saw 1 or 2 but they were like 1/4 of a page each
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
Quote:
Caius Fabius:3rrf01zv Wrote:They are, instead, reselling his old work (unedited) and having someone else write a new one.
A new one about the early legions? Why? Weren't these periods covered by Ross Cowan and others?

This was a dinner conversation about 2001 with Mr. Simkins, Osprey didn't want to pay him for an update, since they had already commissioned a new book, but they keep on reprinting Mr. Simkins' work. He sold it, but he worried that people think he doesn't keep up to date with current knowledge, since his old books keep coming out with no changes, except the copyright.
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Quote: This was a dinner conversation about 2001 with Mr. Simkins, Osprey didn't want to pay him for an update, since they had already commissioned a new book, but they keep on reprinting Mr. Simkins' work. He sold it, but he worried that people think he doesn't keep up to date with current knowledge, since his old books keep coming out with no changes, except the copyright.

Most of you will have noticed the typos and minor errors in my 'Roman Legionary, 58 BC - AD 69'. Osprey planned to print a corrected edition but it has never appeared. I'm now working on 'Roman Battle Tactics' for Osprey's Elite series. This time I will double check the manuscript and proofs!
Quote:This time I will double check the manuscript and proofs!
Can I check them for you? Big Grin

[size=75:qxfzirvw]You don't try you never get....[/size]
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote: [size=75:2ep38jma]You don't try you never get....[/size]

Very true. I've already got a couple of test readers, but you never know...

R!
I volunteer as well... Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)