Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Julius Caesar: "Sôter" ?
Quote:Worse, if people are employed by a university, that is not a guarantee that they don't write rubbish.
Too true.

Quote:It contains more than 340 factual errors.
Unbelievable!

Quote:Because I know this man, I wrote him about an error that he could easily admit without loosing face. I hoped he would reply by asking that if I noticed other errors, I would tell him. He did not ask for it.
I had a similar experience in the past.

Quote:Still, I had eleven pages with constructive criticism.
Being relatively new to RAT, I'm wondering if we have a thread for discussing upcoming publications, written by members? Also, do authors here ever invite their RAT colleagues to review their work prior to such publication?
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:do authors here ever invite their RAT colleagues to review their work prior to such publication?
In my books, my list of people I have consulted is always the nicest part to write. In Alexander, it included the zoo, the firemen ("can you teach me how to burn down a royal palace?"), a toxicologist and many others. In fact, talking to experts is the part of book-writing that I like best. The Amsterdam riot police taught me a lot about the way a phalanx operates.

My next book, on ancient battle narratives and propaganda, will be read by our host at RAT, Jasper.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Were Pirates Such a Threat it Took a Military Genius Like Julius Caesar to Beat Them? Wrangler29 1 162 06-05-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Crispianus
  First evidence for Julius Caesar's invasion of Britain discovered kavan 1 1,324 11-29-2017, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Renatus
  Was Julius Caesar ever wounded in battle? Tempestvvv 3 3,671 09-07-2015, 04:46 AM
Last Post: Bryan