Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Favourite Film Music!
"Conan the barbarian", "The piano", "The mission", "The cook, the thiev, the wife and her lover", Barry Lyndon.
Not to forget all of Randy Edelmann's music for 'Gettysburgh'.
Greets - Uwe
Ave!

I like miscellaneous stuff from:

Ennio Moriconne
John Williams
Hans Zimmer
Randy Eddleman
Miklos Rozsa

For Complete movie scores:

Conan the Barbarian/Destroyer
Ben Hur
Lord of the Rings (all three of them)
King Arthur
Braveheart
Last of the Mohicans
The Mummy I and II
Star Wars (original)
Kung Fu Hustle (for some of the folk Chinese music and the main song)
aka: Julio Peña
Quote:"audaces Fortuna iuvat"
- shouted by Turnus in Virgil\'s Aeneid in book X just before he is utterly destroyed by Aeneas\' Trojans.
Quote:Ron Goodwin's 'Battle of Britain' and 'Where Eagles Dare'

Good, but for me not as good as '633 Squadron' (I once knew a Mosquito pilot, so I'm slightly biased). Incidentally, the DVD of BoB has an option to play it with the original William Walton score restored (the only bit retained in the Goodwin version accompanied the massive dogfight scene and, unlike the rest of his score, which was a tad lacklustre, outshines the Goodwin bits by a country mile).

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Quote:the DVD of BoB has an option to play it with the original William Walton score restored
Great! Bank Holiday film for me. Never realised it had that, ta.

[Image: chandi_glasses.jpg]
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Mike Bishop wrote:

Quote:Good, but for me not as good as '633 Squadron' (I once knew a Mosquito pilot, so I'm slightly biased). Incidentally, the DVD of BoB has an option to play it with the original William Walton score restored (the only bit retained in the Goodwin version accompanied the massive dogfight scene and, unlike the rest of his score, which was a tad lacklustre, outshines the Goodwin bits by a country mile).

Hi Mike

Yes I have played BoB with the Walton score, amazing how a different mental image is created. Walton's version makes the film sound as if it is from another era entirely to that of the Goodwin score. however although it feels more old fashioned it is more fifties like rather than the forties so I could understand why the producers replaced it. The Goodwin version is of course the one I grew up with so that remains my favourite although I do like the Walton air ballet score. I believe The RAF orchestra were going to adopt the opening march as their signature tune until it was pointed out that it was the Luftwaffe march in the film. So instead it became 'Ace High' and remains one of their most popular scores at concerts.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:The RAF orchestra were going to adopt the opening march as their 'theme' music until it was pointed out that it was the Luftwaffe march in the film. So instead it became 'Ace High' and remains one of their most popular scores at concerts.

An interesting piece of symmetry to balance the faux-109s all having Merlins!*

Mike Bishop

*True afficionados will know that there is nothing new under the sun, and that a Spit V was retrofitted with a DB605 in 1943 and tested against a 109G.
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Mike Bishop wrote:

Quote:An interesting piece of symmetry to balance the faux-109s all having Merlins!*

Not as bad as a film called 'From Hell to Victory'. Worth seeing because the Germans fly Spitfires with German markings while the British fly possibly Me 109's I cannot remember but I think they were obviously model aircraft anyway. When one Brit gets shot down it suddenly cuts to the scene from BoB of 'Red 2' the pilot crashing on the beach!

To keep this in the film music thread I guess most of us must like the 'Imperial march' from Star Wars!

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.