Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Diego Football
San Diego recently opened its new Baseball stadium, located in its downtown.. Petco Park.. woof, meow<br>
<br>
Views:<br>
<br>
go here:<br>
sandiego.padres.mlb.com/N...x.jspClick on Visuals<br>
Click on Aerial Photos January 2004<br>
3rd photo gives a nice view of the Downtown area in the background<br>
go to Nov 28 and click on photo three to see hwo close it is to the harbor and the SD Convention Center (the long low buildings towards the upper lft... The lightrail transit line. SD Trolley passes right by as well.<br>
<br>
450 million+USD to build<br>
<br>
Anyway here's my point...<br>
<br>
SD's NFL football team wants a new stadium too. But here's what I propose.. construct a football stadium thats suitable for all football. Seats 80thousand plus.... Right now the NFL is balking at sending anymore Super Bowls to SD (Qualcomm Stadium.. The Q) because the current stadium only seats 60K+ and they want upwards of 70+.. even though its been rated as the BEST Super Bowl site.. who wants to play gridiron in Chicago in the 3rd week of January!<br>
<br>
World Cup Soccer has been to the US, so has World Cup Rugby.. they're both coming back.. SD also host 2 major western hemisphere soccer tournaments at The Q, plus numerous Mexican mathces, we used to have a major league soccer team, have two minor league teams and the US National men's team (ranked in eht top 10!) often practices in SD.. The US Women's team (#1) does as well.<br>
<br>
As I see it a huge international style "football" stadium is exactly what the City needs... We'd finally get that MLS team, more Super bowls and likely the final games of any Rugby or Soccer World Cup played in the US<br>
<br>
Space view of The Q:<br>
www.spaceimaging.com/gall.../03-01-19/<br>
<br>
Hibernicus<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
You bad, bad man...<br>
Wot's next? Breeding turtles? Knitting? The best wax for your surfboard? 1950s movie talk?<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://b30.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=vortigernstudies>Vortigern Studies</A> at: 4/23/04 1:32 pm<br></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hey, give him some slack. It is OT, in fact, it's THE most OT subject in months <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Well, the weather is acceptable here, notwithstanding, it's getting cloudier and perhaps we'll have some rain by the evening...<br>
<br>
Pijus Magnificus <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Here's knee slapper.<br>
<br>
Max Min <p></p><i></i>
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Inevitable Football Topic Jona Lendering 145 25,537 08-10-2010, 02:45 PM