Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maps/Building plans of Roman Castrum
Hello,

Now adays I'm dreaming away and wanted to make a combination of 2 of my hobbies (Roman Military Re-ecactment/history and ModelRailroading). So I got the idee to build some Roman buildings in scale. Now I'm searching for everythink that could help me make it an historical correct Layout.

So, if anyone has Maps, plans, Grapics or other material that could be interesting. Please give me a link, where I can find it, or contact me. The total layout planned to make in the next (10) years, should contain a castrun, campus and canabae.

First I want to plan the totall layout, so everythink (about roman architecture) could be usefull

Thanks in advance

Jvrjenivs/Jurjen Draaisma
ALA I BATAVORUM
What scale do you use? (I'm in N scale, which I think is called 9mm in Europe? Could be wrong...)
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
<offtopic mode on>
In Holland we just call it N-scale. Only England use other terms, in general. I'm in HO 1 : 87. That scale this project gonna be! (Yes, I know it will be a big, big, big layout, but I'm only 18 years old now, and I am a European Top-modeller already (2nd place at an event 2 years ago). So I know what it is like. For more of my normal project you could visit my website [url:1vcgt4tl]http://www.msdteamwork.nl[/url], whish isn't translated to English, because of my poor English. Clik Euromodelbouw 2003 on the left side fore photos.
<offtopic mode off>
ALA I BATAVORUM
I also have an HO model set with trains but everything in it is Roman, or I should say everything was as It was destroyed in the hurricane of last year. there is a few places I went to find HO figures and Buildings. I even had a coloseum that was HO. I have beeen loking for the places that I got these items from but everything I had was on my computer which was also destroyed in Hurricane. I think theres a place in New York that still has some roman items ( this is where I found my coloseum ). as i find whats still out there I will post it. also I found a bank that was easy to turn into a temple you will also find other buildings that you can work on to make something else. I had made a Villa from a Preiser or faller kit that was I believe supposed to be a brick foundry I combined this with some other items and ended up with a decent set up.
Animals die, friends die, and I shall die, but one thing never dies, and that is the reputation we leave behind after our death.
No man loses Honour who had any in the first place. - Syrus
Octavianvs ( Johnn C. ) MODERATOR ROMAN ARMY TALK
Click for Rule for Posting [url:3135udah]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
In my other lay-outs I don't use any pre-made scale modells. Everythink is own design and work, so I don't need roman buildings, unless it is mush less work. But still I need buildingplans.
ALA I BATAVORUM
If your going totally scratch build and are looking for diagrams theres Books like the Osprey series as well as Connolly that show Camp set ups sizes of camps, buildings. Thier layouts reconstructions ( artistic ) and some scale models . I will have to look around and see what I have left. If i find some good plans I could scan them and send them by email if you wish. If I find good stuff online I will post it here so you can pick up the link and anyone else with a similar interest.
Animals die, friends die, and I shall die, but one thing never dies, and that is the reputation we leave behind after our death.
No man loses Honour who had any in the first place. - Syrus
Octavianvs ( Johnn C. ) MODERATOR ROMAN ARMY TALK
Click for Rule for Posting [url:3135udah]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
What about Vitruvius on Roman Architecture?
RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

DEDITICIVS MINERVAE ET MVSARVM

[Micha F.]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman camp building Vuk 4 2,464 08-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Last Post: MonsGraupius
  The oldest Roman castrum near Trieste S. Marcer 3 1,414 01-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Last Post: S. Marcer
  Looking for Maps of the Roman empire codekeyguy 5 2,051 05-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Decimus Aurelius Varus