Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unpublished papers of the deceased
In 1986, Hermes published an article by Wesley E. Thompson titled "The Battle of Bagradas" Hermes 114 Bd H1 page 111-117. The original article did not include diagrams of the Carthaginian army’s maneuvers, which made it somewhat confusing to follow Thompson’s narrative. In 2000, Wesley E. Thompson (now deceased) personally provided me with some diagrams done on graph paper showing the maneuvers conducted by the Carthaginian army.

I’ve contact Hermes publishers to see if they are interested in republishing the article with the diagrams, of which I am happy to contribute, but so far no answer.

Also some unpublished papers by Albert Devine, on the siege of Gaza and Tyre, plus updated articles on some of his Diodochi battles. I believe A. Devine is deceased, and have no idea of the legal status of his estate. I have no intention of profiting from these papers. I would like to see them out in the public domain. I really have no idea of what should be done with them or go about finding the benefactor of Devine’s estate.

Anyone have any ideas of what to do?
Fascinating Steven,
Where can we find Thompson`s article on line?
Michael wrote:
Where can we find Thompson`s article on line?

Hermes is part of Jstor. If you are do not belong to a university organization, you will have to pay for the article.

After all these months I have just received an email from the publishers of Hermes stating the matter concerning Thompson’s diagrams has been handed to a professor (name provided) for submission. Well that is good news, and I hope the submission is approved.
Unfortunately, I have just received news that Hermes have declined to revisit Thompson's Battle of Bagradas with the inclusion of the diagrams. Such is life.

Michael, here is the link to the paper.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/4476481?Sea...0f1eb06a04
Many thanks Steven!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unpublished Byzantine inscription from Cyrrhus Jona Lendering 7 2,244 05-25-2012, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  New Roman Diploma (unpublished) Paullus Scipio 7 2,959 01-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Paullus Scipio
  Unpublished artefacts Tarbicus 7 1,868 11-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Viventius