Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman helmets: Imperial Gallic/Italic and Ridge - comparisons and sources
(11-05-2019, 07:12 PM)Nathan Ross Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 06:51 PM)CaesarAugustus Wrote: You are continuing not to reply on topic...

And then you start discussing motorcycle helmets... [Image: wink.png]

Do you have an accurate replica of a ridge helmet? Have you stress-tested it and compared the results to similar tests on a Gallic/Italic type?

If not:

Can you demonstrate why a wealthy, organised and effective Roman state would start producing poor quality helmets to equip its army and continue doing so for 150 years, without anyone noticing or commenting?

If both answers are 'no', then I'm afraid there can be little substance to this debate!
Come on, read better Wink

I have used different sources and the theory can be applied without any issue to military helmets. Discontinuous materials don't transmit forces, they need to be connected somehow and this connection is poorer than a contiguous piece of material. If you take that helmet and make it also monoblock, you'd still have a better helmet than one made by joining two plates. Continuity is a prerequisite for forces to transmit from one molecule onto another molecule at the molecular level. This is purely material science.

This is a problem that prevent the spread of the force on a greater area, so this increase the probability that the soldier is compromise. It is the beauty of mathematics, it is exact and not subject to opinions. Material science, and you cannot deny this, so I am afraid that you don't have any real substance, just useless diversions and theories denied that you don't want to abandon Wink
- CaesarAugustus
www.romanempire.cloud
(Marco Parente)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roman helmets: Imperial Gallic/Italic and Ridge - comparisons and sources - by CaesarAugustus - 11-06-2019, 06:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Imperial Gallic J - Robinson's mistake? Konstantin Ankilov 6 2,427 01-24-2021, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Militarus
  Imperial Gallic I Moguntiacum Marc 3 1,887 07-16-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: drsrob
  Imperial Gallic D Helm Konstantin Ankilov 8 2,800 10-18-2017, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Konstantin Ankilov