Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discomfort while wearing segmentata
I will try to help Smile First of all a photo would be helpful of the lorica and next you used the word hybrid ? I think you mean Newstead/Carlisle type. As I cannot see how you have put it together this may be part of the problem. However you cannot avoid the weight of the lorica barring on your shoulders but if you pad the top section it will help spread the load over back and chest as well. Glueing thick sheepskin in or padded linen, traces of fabric were found on the Corbridge find. If you go down the padded submarlis route this will do the same job as above so long as this was worked into the measurements. My lorica has no padding in it, and I do not use a submarlis. I have relied on my Focila to do the padding and yes my shouders were sore this is what you have to get use too. As you say we are not in ours for the next 20 years Wink
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)

Messages In This Thread
Discomfort while wearing segmentata - by Belisarion - 08-12-2018, 04:15 PM
RE: Discomfort while wearing segmentata - by brennivs - tony drake - 08-21-2018, 08:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about wearing segmentata Theodosius the Great 12 2,836 08-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Matt Lukes