Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sarmatian Ring Pommel dagger
Thank you Robert eye has improved but still may be a week before fully healed  Angry Crispvs my sources for the scabbard are mostly from stele from the Bosphorus area and as ever in Greek,  the sites are Russian so just used the pictures as a guide.

I could not find the site I was on which had a good 3 or 4 stele, as you can see show the scabbard looking the same and in a Roman context. Now cams across one that may be in a wood scabbard with metal banding,

Again the straps could be attached from the back or other ? There is also a interesting piece of statue that shows the leg of someone in fine dress,

The only thing is is seams to have a solid hilt and of a good size. Now the other type found but is beyond the borders from grave finds and very decorative  is this type,

As you can see from the scabbard it does not match so that is why I choose the type I made. So I hope this gives you an Idea of my thoughts  Smile As ever always welcome any input and corrections.
Regards Brennivs  Wink ( used this one for the eye )
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sarmation Ring Pommel dagger - by Crispvs - 07-18-2017, 11:51 PM
RE: Sarmatian Ring Pommel dagger - by brennivs - tony drake - 07-22-2017, 02:29 PM
RE: Sarmatian Ring Pommel dagger - by Crispvs - 07-22-2017, 06:07 PM
RE: Sarmatian Ring Pommel dagger - by Longovicium - 07-23-2017, 06:01 AM
RE: Sarmatian Ring Pommel dagger - by Alanus - 07-23-2017, 12:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ring Pommel Sword Robert 7 2,451 05-02-2017, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Robert
  Pattern Welded Ring pommel gladius leonardod 3 2,027 04-14-2015, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Dan D'Silva
  and another ring pommel spatha... leonardo 3 1,801 10-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Last Post: leonardo