Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International living history standards
Over the past few months I've been pursuing the idea that an international educational group, the International Baccalaureate, can help promote standards that adhere to their very rigorous international academic standards. This may not address the classics et al. soon, but is showing some results and the IB world is very enthusiastic about it.

Over on FB RAT I used distinctions given to me by EXARC's US president, Dr. Bill Schindler, of "experimental archaeology" and "experiential archaeology". Dr. Schindler feels that unless activities are performed to academic standards, and provide data to an academic study, it is 'experiential'. Naturally, the RAT members have a lot to say on this, and Roeland Paardekooper, the EU head of EXARC, and joined FB RAT and provided some interesting definitions to follow up on this, including universities who are entirely willing to use reenactors.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?

Messages In This Thread
RE: International living history standards - by richsc - 10-19-2016, 08:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Living History and advanced students, eg, IBO richsc 0 1,078 07-16-2017, 05:19 AM
Last Post: richsc
  EXARC and living history groups richsc 0 1,040 12-02-2016, 12:34 PM
Last Post: richsc
  Why do you reenactment / Living History caiusbeerquitius 48 16,577 07-23-2016, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Damianus Albus