Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trajan\'s Column
Quote:The contents of a text I got this morning:
"Nine goals two cups what a happy new year hope the form keeps up for the prem"

I have never known such a heavy defeat in my lifetime. Now I know how Augustus felt when he heard what had happened to Varus. A black armband for the liverbirds wings Cry
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:A black armband for the liverbirds wings Cry
Email sent with avatar.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Graham wrote:
Quote:Having said that the population of Rome was shocked when during the arrival of Severus' army into the city they saw what their frontier armies actually looked like. I guess maybe we would too!

LIkewise when Trajan tooks his troops into the city in 99, heen sured that they looked 'as Roman as possible' which would be standard tunica and no long trousers indicating that the troops on campaign would most likely have worn long sleeves and long braccae(?)
Quote:Graham wrote:
Quote:Having said that the population of Rome was shocked when during the arrival of Severus' army into the city they saw what their frontier armies actually looked like. I guess maybe we would too!

LIkewise when Trajan tooks his troops into the city in 99, heen sured that they looked 'as Roman as possible' which would be standard tunica and no long trousers indicating that the troops on campaign would most likely have worn long sleeves and long braccae(?)

Does the source specify they had to remove their braccae? I'm a tad skeptical about it, but not saying you're wrong. It may just have been that they looked ragged and wore fabric from local sources?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trajan's Column Protectores Donutici 11 4,664 02-08-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: CaesarAugustus
  Lorica from Trajan Column base korras 10 3,384 05-27-2015, 09:27 PM
Last Post: emilio
  War machine on Trajan\'s Column Lyle 39 8,204 12-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Renatus