Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient History Magazine?
Those with a more military interest probably already know our Ancient Warfare magazine. We're now exploring the idea of providing a 'gentler' (hmmm, backstabbing and political intrigue would be entirely appropriate as well...) sister to this belligerent magazine. Please provide your feedback on this idea!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Yes I would be interrested.
I have tried to complete the questionnaire but one question requires an answer, without which one cannot proceed to the next step. It gives two alternatives, neither of which I am prepared to commit to. A less dogmatic alternative is needed to make this question realistic.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Jasper,

I have completed and this magazine would probably be read by two people in our house, so a very welcome arrival.

On your product range, I continue to hold the fond hope that one day you might launch a similar magazine as AW or MW covering European military history from Louis XIV to Napoleon, but in the meantime will continue to purchase the magazines you do choose to produce!

Regards, John
Got all the way to Q13 and it won't accept "Other". so bailed out.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Already completed the poll to which I was linked via the Ancient Warfare newsletter.
The magazine is perfect now, wonderfully illustated and edited.
get samples ready before EAA congress 2017 ( Maastricht)
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
Quote:The magazine is perfect now, wonderfully illustated and edited.

Possibility of completely new magazine is debated here not Old Ancient Warfare Magazine .-)
That's unfortunate. I've removed the "required" restriction, so it should work properly now.

Edit: this was in response to the comment that Q13 could not be passed if you didn't fill in something other than "Other"... if you get what I mean. ;-)
Sorry, as before I got stuck on Question 6. I don't agree with either statement.
Michael King Macdona

Hi Michael
What answer would you prefer for question 6?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I think something less enthusiastic than Question 1 and less negative than Question 2. Maybe a simple 'Yes' or 'No'.
Michael King Macdona

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ancient History Magazine Kickstarter Praefectusclassis 20 4,545 04-17-2015, 06:46 AM
Last Post: Gunthamund Hasding
  Ancient History Magazine - free PDF Praefectusclassis 2 3,412 03-05-2015, 01:22 AM
Last Post: daconey
  "Tragic history" in ancient historiography eugene 0 1,402 01-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eugene