Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WANTED: ROMANS FOR CA SUPER BOWL COMMERCIAL SHOOT
Avete, comilitones!

HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO BE A TV STAR COAST TO COAST! This is a national TV commercial shoot for Kia featuring name actors and at least one big sports star. IT WILL RUN DURING THE SUPER BOWL! They need 30 ROMAN SOLDIERS, in either lorica segmentata or hamata, and wearing similar steel Imperial Gallic or Italic helmets. Legio VI Victrix (CA, USA) is hosting and coordinating.

Date is Monday, January 12, 2015. Location is near Santa Clarita, north of Los Angeles, CA.

This is a paying gig and the pay will be $250 per soldier who shoes up with complete kit (helmet, lorica, sword, tunic, shoes, etc. Pila are not required and shields will be provided. If you don't have armor or a proper helmet we will provide loaner gear, but pay will be $125. Age range is 21 to mid 50s. Men only. We need as many commitments as possible ASAP. We will need get attendance locked down by the end of the year!

We have already lined up about 18-20 reenactors but need at least 20 more. We can use all able-bodied Romans, particularly those with complete kit. We will have a fair amount of loaner gear on hand.

What you will need in order to participate is to:

(1) Contact the coordinator, Lorie Ann Hambly, at [email protected] or text her at (818) 209-5399 and let her know of your availability.

(2) Let her know what equipment you already have and what loaner gear you might need.

(3) If you need gear, provide your chest and waist measurements and show size.

(4) Let her know if you can bring anyone else with you and what gear they might need.

(5) Email to her a photo of yourself, preferably in Roman kit.

Please look to our Facebook page (search Legion Six Historical Society) for more details as they become available.

Veritas et vita,
Dave Michaels / T. Flavius Crispus
T. Flavius Crispus / David S. Michaels
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
Too bad I cannot go... :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(
Regards, Jason
I would love to do it but I live in Houston. If they could cover the whole plane ticket I would be there for it. I would eat spam and sleep in the park for the rest of my expenses.
California's not that far away from Oregon...but with my kit I'd definitely have to drive - I wouldn't trust any of it to the airlines. I may be able to convince a few to head down, but is there going to be crash-space for us? Anyone in the VI Vixtrix who could put us up for a night or two?
-Ryan

-Cave a sinistra manu utebatur pro bellator.
Comilitones--

Surprisingly it looks like we have filled our 30 slots and at the moment don't need any more soldiers. If the situation changes I'll let everyone know! Thanks for your attention and responses thus far...

Dave Michaels / T. Flavius Crispus
Legio VI VPF CA USA
T. Flavius Crispus / David S. Michaels
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
Wikk you post it so the rest of the world wiil see it 2 ???
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
One more reason to watch super bowl... :-)
Thomas Aagaard
If anyone wants to swing by Sydney on the way over I'd be in.
Damian Laurence Zamprogno

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Romans wanted in Droitwich (11-09-2010)!!! Robert Vermaat 2 1,036 06-26-2010, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Film shoot, New Mexico Gaius Decius Aquilius 1 1,623 09-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Gaius Decius Aquilius