Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
legio II adiutrix
Hi All

I'm new in this forum.

At present I doing Frankish reenactment and I am looking at starting a Roman kit.

I'm interested in the Legio II Adiutrix. This legion served in the Dacian Wars of 101 to 106. Can anyone point me in the direction of further research materials or know the symbols and colours of the this Legio?

Cheers

Chris
You may find this of intrest: http://www.livius.org/le-lh/legio/ii_adiutrix.html Their emblem was the Pegasus. Do be advised that your placement in time is a transitional period as far as gear goes, so no calligae :-). For a helmet, you may want to look at the Thielenhofen with the crossbracing. Where are you based?

Have fun and welcome to the forum!
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
You may find this thread interesting too:

I Adiutrix Designs

The II Adiutrix tombstone on the Livius site shows a design of dolphins and a trident, which suggests that this legion might have used a 'maritime' emblem, at least early in its history.

Tombstone
Nathan Ross
As that legion (And Legio II) was raised from the marines of Raverna, that is not much of a surprise! They have a maritine basis.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
I'm in Australia

Thanks for the information.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legion I Adiutrix hybrid 1 1,027 04-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  Lovers of Legio II Adiutrix Pia Fidelis petrinus 15 4,302 03-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Last Post: petrinus