Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lovers of Legio II Adiutrix Pia Fidelis
from our honorable and humble beginings at ravenna and our indoctrination into the legions of rome, onward then to germania, britania, pannonia and all elsewhere rome would allow us the honor to serve the empire, i have researched our histories and i encourage our future and i call on you all,... supporters faithfull and loyal, to strengthen our ranks, that we unite our strength and honor, our love for our legion, for rome, so that when next we take the field we are brothers proud and strong and in great numbers! Petrininus 2006 AD

i want to join all the far flung patriots of the second, to trully build our legion in grand rememberence and celebration of all that is to come of our efforts, imagine....to field our fellow legionaires in force

i close my eyes and i can smell the mud and the metal and the sweat of a hard march, the blood of hard won ground, hear the horns calling us home?
-Jason

(GNAEVS PETRONIVS CANINVS, LEGIIAPF)

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
Hi Jason,
Why don't you put your legion on the map, once you've chosen a home-base in the US?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
well jasper i have three more years of toil with this "the united states army" then after mayhaps i will, however im sure there are existing II adiutrix elements out there that might scoff at my uprising, are there official registry and such or what... and with who? if not id sure like to bring em all into one and assign cohorts and so on to the various regions, rank strata n such or maybe i'll do that through my yet uncreated organization, thoughts?

hmmmmmmmmmmm legatas Artius Petrininus ??? yeeeesssssssssss
i rather like that, lol
-Jason

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
Hey Jason, don't let your Army commitment discourage you from going ahead to found a reenactment group at Hood, when you return.

Why don't you try getting in touch with Matt Amt or RichSC, both members here, who are leaders in the very successful, long-established Legio XX in Virginia? They are extremely helpful and down-to-earth in giving advice and practical help to new reenactors.

You will surely find many friends here, make yourself at home.
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
THANK YOU, PERHAPS I WILL, IVE SO MUCH TO GATHER AND LEARN FIRST, ROMES ALWAYS BEEN A PASSIONATE INTEREST OF MINE BUT HAVE ONLY RECENTLY BECOME TRULY ACADEMIC ABOUT IT, THANKS ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT
-Jason

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
so jasper brother, working to get my kit together and a few friends involved. very seriously wanting some authority with my legion(legIIapf) and recognition here, invites to events even to augment others after all we have been so assigned all through history. what are the steps i need to take to make this legitimate and assign rank and roles to people in"legIIapf" thanks again
-Jason

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
That's entirely up to you. It's your group...Though you may want to stay grounded in reality a bit more...pretending to be an actual legionary, propaganda or not is going to make people think you're goofy and may discourage some people from joining.

For advice (I think everyone has been here at least once):

http://www.larp.com/legioxx/advice.html

Legion: TBD
magnus brother, i dont really pretend to be a legionaire??? dont know where you got that from, just interested in portraying one correctly for the sake of the historical/cultural experience and at re enactments and the like. i think the propaganda will be flavored for those of the right understanding and intellectual bent, all others need not apply anyway, lol.
thanks for the link and yes ive checked it out before, just wondered if rat had its own process for putting m on th map and recruitng intrested members. thanks again, happy holidays.
-Jason

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
True, but he is a soldier and that part really isn't pretend except he's backdating things a bit. I'm sure that it puts him in a slightly better mindframe to understand the perspective of a legionairre and is a bit less pretend than for a lot of us who are closer to historians than soldiers. Its definately a bit less fantasy than the guys that dress up like Star Wars characters. :wink: I'm not going to fault the guy for a bit of poetic license since we all enjoy the fantasy aspects of it to varying degrees. For some of us it is pure fantasy and for others it is a chance to express parts of ourselves we rarely get to express on the average day and all degrees in between. It is good to be clear on your message and image your group presents though as it will probably largely effect the types of people your group will draw. Fort Hood is probably not a bad place to start as I have always found the military crowd always is one of the better places I've seen for generating interest in historical groups and the soldiers I've seen participate seem to enjoy the more physical and intensive aspects that are quite hard to get interest in other places. It can be hard to find the kind of active hardcore participants like you see are common in Europe (guys who will hike 30 miles in kit for the hell of it) here in the U.S. otherwise.
Derek D. Estabrook
Sure...I'm also ex-military...just be careful that's all I'm saying. No sense shooing away prospective members until after you've met them...ie. don't discriminate. Historicaly oriented members are just as good as ones who go on 30 mile hikes. :wink:

agreed, any interested parties at this point would be good, to quote matt lukes, my armorer and RATfriend- im basicaly "a legion of one", lol.
im certainly for hiking marching fighting riding horses or whatever else in full kit(when i complete it-which is very expensive cause im refusing to settle for sh!t) however im also taking an academic approach the last few years and im specializing in 1st-3rd century knowledge, little that i know by comparison to the majority of you, but yeah it all has merit. i dont see too many takers, very few soldies i know are interested in ancient history or if they are, dressing up is going way too far from "safe" or "normal" for these people-its a shame. but whatever happens, i will one day hopefully soon see some of you at an event. i'll be sporting my legIIapf vexilla and wolf pelted galic g wondering around like a lost idiot most likely with a grin...and after i make a few friends in the flesh, hopefully falling in as an augmentee in some cohort or another
-Jason

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
ps ive studied 15 yrs or better in the martial arts and alot of kenjutsu/iaijutsu(japanese sword) but i dont have gladius skills
where can i go to learn the drills, cuts, thrusts, etc? is there a training camp, dvd, anything like that, im sure this seems a retarded question but i think there should be a download or something that would instruct the basics along with the latin commands and the like? short of an event do have any options?
-Jason

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
Unfortunately unlike JSA (I was also an iaido/kenjutsu practitioner) we don't have anything passed down through sensei to student, or anything written that goes into the details. Just a few odds and ends that don't really amount to much.

There is a link on Matt Amt's site for the latin commands as written by Maurice, and other groups have variations of this. But that's about all that is out there.

Kind of sucks, but that's the hand we've been dealt. Sad

now that really sucks!!!! well i can infer the logical applications of a gladius and pilla and likely use one well enough but i had hoped there was a "standard" to start with. well i thought the fight scenes in gladiator, with comodus drilling with pretoreans and the like beautifully done if not excessive and olverly elaborate use of a gladius. hmmmmmmf well, thanks anyway and i'll review the latin, trying to learn a lil and improve my italian too.
-Jason

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
in my humble opinion the lovers of II ADIvTRIX must have been de MERETRICI.....

LOL

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  legio II adiutrix Truck 4 1,658 12-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Truck
  Legion I Adiutrix hybrid 1 1,022 04-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis