Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resignation
Neither, leadership nor restrained authority is considered a virtue any more. That's a fair epitaph for our society as a whole. :-(
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I suppose in this circumstance it is vale et salve!

I'll miss your advice as a Moderator but look forward to your continued valued contributions to our Community.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Finally you resigned! :woot: World domination is within my grasp at last!! :twisted:

But seriously, you will be missed. We'll try to hold the fort and your points of view. Looking forward to your literary products - the true occupation of a Roman pensioner!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Finally you resigned! :woot: World domination is within my grasp at last!! :twisted:

Not if my high-powered lasers and warp drive have anything to say about that!
[Image: fighting0040.gif]
Confusedilly:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Today is my last day on the job, and I don't plan to do much more. I'm taking the day off. Sort of like "sacking myself". heh.

Thanks, all, for the kind words. It's been a long run, filled with buckets of memories.

Now. Last I remember, in Chapter Five, Demetrios and Phillipos were putting that new plow harness on that headstrong ox, Buos. A few leaves of fresh, crisp kale distracted him enough they could get the rig over his back, and -- oh, yeah, that other thing:

http://www.stormthecastle.com/mead/brew-...e-mead.htm
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I wanted to wait till your service was officially over. Thank you very much for your years of service to the community David, best of luck in your new endeavours and do stick around!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
As I said before, Jasper, "One is glad to be of service."
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Vale et ave, Marce!
Nullis in verba

I have not checked this forum frequently since 2013, but I hope that these old posts have some value. I now have a blog on books, swords, and the curious things humans do with them.
Ave David,
Antonia and I wish you and yours the best for the future.........Hopefully it means that after Jaqui's hip replac ement and recovery, we can come down to visit...or vice versa.....Then we can talk about what We DO remember about th 60s
Salve for now,
Vitruvius and Antonia........aka Larry and Jaqui Mager
Larry A. Mager